HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I a thinking of picking up one of those P7's as a carry gun. What do you guys think of using it as a carry? I find most HK pistols to be hard to carry down here in FL because they are thick (we wear light clothing and they stick out ) :240000:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Search the forum- there are a million threads praising the P7. It's possibly the best carry gun ever created. The only reason I don't have one is that I live in NJ and can't carry.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only reason I don't have one is that I live in NJ and can't carry.
Oh come now. I live in CA and the only way I could possibly get a ccl is if I live in the slums of Oakland... possibly...

But despite not being able to carry, I'm going to buy two :p (P7M8 and possibly a PSP if the PPT goes through)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oh come now. I live in CA and the only way I could possibly get a ccl is if I live in the slums of Oakland... possibly...

But despite not being able to carry, I'm going to buy two :p (P7M8 and possibly a PSP if the PPT goes through)
I dunno - I mean, it's not a target gun, and it's not something I'd grab for home defense. It's just cool - and I kinda like my guns to actually serve a purpose. What it would be best for is carry - too bad I cant have a permit to carry!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
In word, JAAAAA!

It's an excellent carry gun. I've toted mine around since the late '80s in a Mitch Rosen ARG, and I love it. Very comfy, very safe, very fast into action. And it conceals quite well. What's not to like? ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I carried a P7 M8 off duty in the early 90's. Masaad Ayoob had a lot of literature out at that time on CCW with the M8. Two things that didn't bother me but may bother others are....

It's small but heavier than a poly.

and

I had a new factory blue model and the daily holster wear did not bother me, it's a tool... if you think you're going to want to sell it down the road be prepared to come down on the price for holster wear. ALL blued guns will show wear if it's in and out of the holster everyday... P7 buyers won't pay top dollar for guns that show wear especially if it's expensive. That's why many of them sit in the safe.

Mine was only $950 brand new, before the internet existed - They were also plentiful so I'm sure that shaped my attitude.... now that I'm thinking about it that was still a lot of beans back then. I know I'm showing my age but I'm sure some of you guys got 'em for less than that.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
P7s (any from the line) are VERY carriable weapons. If You shoot the gun well enough to trust it, there´s no question about it. Have a look at pictures, it´s actualy subcompact in length

and not much longer in the grip

Hides perfectly IWB even on someone as skinny as me

tucked:

·
Premium Member
3,890 Posts
I carry mine all the time. Lately I've been carrying my HK45 both on and off duty. But by far, my favorite concealed carry handgun is my M8. The P7 line is second to none in my opinion....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts