HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing research on 9mm pistols and found there was quite the following surrounding the P7 so I decided I needed to test one of these guns out to understand what the hype was all about. I found a range that had a P7M8 as a rental gun so I gave it a shot. I was actually amazed at how easy to shoot and accurate the gun was without having to familiarize myself with several boxes of ammo first.

I was sold and decided to find a P7 to call my own. I purchased one on Gun Broker (first mistake) and took her to the range. Loaded up the magazine gripped the squeeze-cocker mechanism and fired the first shot which barely made it on the paper. I released the trigger only to find it stuck all the way back toward the receiver. I manually pulled the trigger forward thinking it was a fluke and tried again. The next shot stuck in the reward position as well as every subsequent shot. Aside from being pretty irritated that even when taking my time I couldn't get a grouping to occur.

I found the crown of the barrel has several nicks one of which is inside the funnel wall of the crown. I assume this might be the cause of the accuracy issue so I need to find a reputable shop to send the P7 to have it re-crowned (any recommendations appreciated).

I took the P7 home to clean and dry fired it 20-30 times without the trigger sticking. I took the grips off to see if there was any debris or a trigger reset spring that could cause the trigger to get stuck/bind and didn't see any thing. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I tried googling and searching the forum archives and couldn't find a similar issue. Is my only choice to send it to HK and have them check it over or are there any reputable shops recommended to have my P7 serviced. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-PL

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Wow that sucks. Hopefully someone here will chime in on what your problems are. This is far from the normal initial reaction people have after buying their first P7. I hope you don't let this ruin your HK experience. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Buying on GunBroker isn't always bad as long as you ask the right questions before you buy. If your P7 PSP was purchased from an HK dealer that sells on Gunbroker like the one that I just bought (STOKES CLASSIC ARMS in Bellevue OH), I would say with fair certainty that HK USA would service the pistol once you make contact through the person that you bought it from. HK sells them in operating condition, and if it does not, then they will take care of it. They would fix it for a fee regardless of who you bought it from. As far as the crown goes, I don't know what they would do, but if it is really bad and you're lucky they might replace the barrel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts