HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into buying a N.I.B. P7 M8 from someone I came across. Are these as good as evryone tells me and as everyone writes about? Please chime in and tell me why this was and is such a fantastic model from HK. He wants 1200.00...is that about a fair price? It has everthing with it that it came with from the factory.
Tell me please.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Absolutely amazing firearm. One of my favorites. That is a steal of a price with everything included, especially NIB. Buy it and post pics!!!! Just make sure it's actually a M8.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Here's my limited two cents. The gun is everything people say. My only complaint (and the complaint of a few others) is if you have any extended range time, the grips get hot, like real hot, like burn-your-hand hot. If you are just running a few mags through you are good to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it uses a heel catch for the magazine, it's not an M8, and is worth much less (a local shop had some for ~$600-700 as factory refurbs).

If it has the ambi mag drop below the trigger guard, that's the real deal, get it!

They shoot great, and they are still my favorite carry piece (flat, light, fast handling, accurate). You might has some problems finding off-the-rack leather for it, but I found some revolver IWB pouches from the usual suspects fit well; cordura belt holsters for "large autos" also tend to fit pretty well (I recommend a thumb break for any non-fitted holsters). I got a couple holsters from Alessi and Milt Sparks that are great - excellent fit and comfort. I'm sure there are others.

I have an M13 too. Much the same as the M8 but a bit thicker to accommodate double stack mag, and, of course, a bit heavier.

I also recommend putting some night sites on it. I used Trijicon (sent the slide in, but most competent gunsmiths can handle it these days).

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
p7 m8

Thanks all...Believe me, its the real deal. That I made sure of. It comes with both magazines, and all the cleaning brushes, wraped and sealed and in the original case. Hey, to the poster that said, watch out if you shoot more than a couple of mag's thru it, it gets hot......This pistol is supposed to have a heat shield built into it isn't it..?...I will try and post pictures as soon as I can. This fella bought three of them back when...one to shoot and two to save for future sales....one he sold and the other is MINE!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Excellent pistol and at $1,200 for NIB, you're getting a heck of a deal. Yes, they do get hot after shooting a couple of mags through it. It is supposed to have a heat shield, but due to the way this gun works (with gas), it still gets hot. And, after shooting several mags through it, it may get to where you can't hold onto it due to the heat build up. But, it's still a fascinating gun. They aren't building anymore of them, so the value of these will only increase over time. One other aspect that isn't spoken of much and that I have had friends speak of is a factor of getting used to a "squeeze cocker". If you shoot this gun over and over, you may get used to having to squeeze the pistol grip. Which is fine, until you pick up a regular pistol and you are in the habit of squeezing the pistol grip. You'll have to re-train yourself not to squeeze. Kind of weird, but it happens as you get used to a squeeze cocker.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I truely appreciate all of your replies. I love this forum, I guess really cause I love the HK brand so much. If I can figure out how to post pictures, when I post the pic of the P7M8 I will post pictures of my other HK's....P-30 LEM 9MM....P-2000SK 40SW LEM.......45c LEM.....I want one more soon....The full size HK 45......not sure if I will get with LEM or not, I might want to try carring the full size cocked and locked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In addition to getting used to (and then not using) the squeeze-cocker, dropping the mag with your index finger (instead of the thumb) gets to be a habit.

For me, it's much faster and easier than using the thumb, then, with the new mag in-place, compress the squeeze-cocker, the slide closes, and you're ready to rock...very fast.

·
1,209 Posts
My only complaint (and the complaint of a few others) is if you have any extended range time, the grips get hot, like real hot, like burn-your-hand hot. If you are just running a few mags through you are good to go.
Yes, they do get hot. I have been through 4 or 5 MP5 schools with Tom, and I've used my P7-M8's all times. For two sessions, day 2 was a pistol day... I had to alternate between 2 pistols to keep from burning my hands... but we went through about 1,000 rounds in a srelatively short time frame.

IMHO, the P7 is a perfect concealed carry piece.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts