HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's a three digit gun. Period. If it's not serial # 1-239, it's not a PSP. If it doesn't say PSP on the slide, it's not a PSP, it's just H&K using up the grips they had. People in Germany call the P7 a PSP all the time, to them the terms are synonymous. The sticker on the box doesn't make it one either, it means employees are still using the stickers as stuff gets boxed up. So what.

The gun stands on it's own as what it is. No need to claim it's something it's not. I give the guy credit for being able to do what he does, but this is NOT a PSP. Not now, not ever. It's a very early P7. and it stands on it's own in that regard.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Technically there are four variations of the PSP. The first are the “Mod PSPs” with a serial range of 001-239, then there are the 11 “500 series” PSPs that are basically the same as the Mod PSPs, but have a serial prefix of “500”. We are now up to 250 if you are counting. Next is the first production PSPs that look identical to a P7, but have grips that are engraved “PSP”. They supposedly had a serial range of 250-479, but I know for a fact that the highest serial is 505 or higher, but less then 513. The first 500 were built by hand. I have personally seen #49X and it was made by hand and I have also seen #505 which was made by CNC. The PSP in the link above is definitely REAL according to the known data, but it should not be confused with a “Mod PSP”. The last variant is the commemorative PSPs that have a KH (HK backwards) date code. There were approximately 500 of those made and they say “PSP” on the right hand side of the slide. They also have grips that are engraved “P7” and a “15-“ serial which is why many still call it a P7.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's nice everyone is in agreement. Their web person should join the site before posting "just discoved" new P7 "facts"
Side note: I also have seen the psp grips used on a different 3 digit P7, not a PSP. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Technically there are four variations of the PSP. The first are the “Mod PSPs” with a serial range of 001-239, then there are the 11 “500 series” PSPs that are basically the same as the Mod PSPs, but have a serial prefix of “500”. We are now up to 250 if you are counting. Next is the first production PSPs that look identical to a P7, but have grips that are engraved “PSP”. They supposedly had a serial range of 250-479, but I know for a fact that the highest serial is 505 or higher, but less then 513. The first 500 were built by hand. I have personally seen #49X and it was made by hand and I have also seen #505 which was made by CNC. The PSP in the link above is definitely REAL according to the known data, but it should not be confused with a “Mod PSP”. The last variant is the commemorative PSPs that have a KH (HK backwards) date code. There were approximately 500 of those made and they say “PSP” on the right hand side of the slide. They also have grips that are engraved “P7” and a “15-“ serial which is why many still call it a P7.
Understood but when was the transition from "mag heal release" to the later behind the trigger release? Thanks

·
Maximum effort
809 Posts
These both have PSP grips, no PSP on slide.

Reactions: Lamont

·
Banned
34,580 Posts
It's a three digit gun. Period. If it's not serial # 1-239, it's not a PSP. If it doesn't say PSP on the slide, it's not a PSP, it's just H&K using up the grips they had. People in Germany call the P7 a PSP all the time, to them the terms are synonymous. The sticker on the box doesn't make it one either, it means employees are still using the stickers as stuff gets boxed up. So what.

The gun stands on it's own as what it is. No need to claim it's something it's not. I give the guy credit for being able to do what he does, but this is NOT a PSP. Not now, not ever. It's a very early P7. and it stands on it's own in that regard.
And cardboard boxes, which at least go through 5000!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
727 Posts
These both have PSP grips, no PSP on slide.

Very cool example of how a pistol that was made before another was dated out of the factory at a much later year. Both of those are “PSPs”, but they should NOT be considered a “Mod PSP”. They would be considered a standard P7 if the had a 51X Serial or higher and had P7 engraved grips instead of the PSP grips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts