HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Marshall at CDNN looked over my P7 grade A and said I should be very pleased with it. It has a blue slide not plum. He said the metal on the slides is so hard that they had trouble blueing some of them.
He also said to thank everyone on HKPRO forums for all the great things they have said about him.
Who does make night-sights for the P7?
- Dave:28:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've never brought anything from CDNN but I called them once to get a catalog and whoever it was I spoke with was ultra-nice. For me its rare to find a gunshop worker who is nice and pleasant but they got one over there.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on getting your P7. Marshall is the BEST guy to deal and I am sure he picked out the best one for you. Let us know how you like it once you pick it up and post up some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Congrats on the P7....everyone should own at least one. Sounds like you're gettin' a beauty.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Real hard to find NS for a PSP. Send your slide away to PT Sights, they drill out the factory sights and install tritium tubes. Small tubes though.
http://www.mmcsight.com/
And also, there are 6 or 8 heights of front sites for P7, but most companies that do offer night sights only offer them in one height. So if you got one, odds are the gun would shoot high or low from then on.

So that is the best advice - send either your sights (if you can get them out yourself - careful, that front roll pin can be TIGHT, and easily LOST), or the entire slide in.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I've always had good luck with CDNN.

Is that a P7M8 or a PSP that you bought?
Sounds like a police trade in P7 PSP being that it is a grade A he is getting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Excellent choice.
I'm very pleased with my grade 'B' PSP from them.

Please post pictures and your assessment of the internals when you get it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You can always send your slide to tool tech and let them install your sights. That is really the best way. Then your sights are properly regulated with no worries about having an "average" sight height.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Does no one sell aftermarket sights for the P7 anymore?
As was written in an earlier post - www.mmcsight.com sells adjustable and fixed night sights for the P7. But if you see fixed sights from anybody else, you probably wouldn't want them anyways. There are about 8 heights of front P7 sights, which is how the elevation is adjusted. There is a number on the bottom of them designating which height. No aftermarket sights offer all the different sizes that I've ever seen.

If you change to a different front sight that's not the same height, the gun will forever shoot high or low.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
H&K recomended Tool Tech to put trijicon vials in my USP .45 Tactical so I will probably send them my P7 PSP for night sights. - Dave:28:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked up my grade A P7 PSP from CDNN today. I will start with the box. It had the round date stickers torn off and it was held together with tape. It looked about as bad as it could be and still be a box!
Contents- one P7 PSP, one mag and owners manual. No scraper,no brush.
Pistol serial #371XX, Trussville,AL on frame. Warning under trigger guard.
The condition of my new P7 is quite unbelievable. It looks better than any pictures I have seen posted. The finish is 99%. No holster wear. ALL sharp edges are still blued. Even the edges of sights are not worn. I've bought brand new Trijicons that had edge wear. The squeeze cocker has very few marks. One of the guys at the gun shop looked at it and pronounced "It must have been refinished". My impression? A unused 20-some year old firearm.
Internals- 99.9%. The internals look even better than the exterior. The cartridge stripper has no brass marks. Nor does the breach face.
The one thing I found puzzling- the piston had powder residue in the recess between the first two rings. Wiped off easily. The barrel and rest of the action was quite clean. I could clearly see the cone at the bottom of the cylinder. The magazine also looks new.
I couldn't be happier with my "new" P7 PSP. It is so nice all thoughts of hard chrome and night sights went out the window. Now I will have to buy another to use as a shooter. I'm going to call Marshall at CDNN Monday and thank him. I will try to get pictures posted. I love German steel and machining!
Does any one know about when Serial#371XX was produced?
-Dave:28:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts