HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the great forum. From the reviews here, I just ordered a P30 and a like new P7 from CDNN. Dying to receive my P30. These forums really kill the pocket book!

Picked up my P7 this morning and it's in great condition but was a little disappointed with the markings on the slide. I know it's picky but I'm just wondering if it is common to see these P7s with the proof marks and serial barely visible. I can't find a date code on it at all. I'll try to get a picture of it posted tonight. Any input would be appreciated.

·
2,832 Posts
the early, like 80-84's did not have date's or date codes.

not sure about the light markings

Thanks for the great forum. From the reviews here, I just ordered a P30 and a like new P7 from CDNN. Dying to receive my P30. These forums really kill the pocket book!

Picked up my P7 this morning and it's in great condition but was a little disappointed with the markings on the slide. I know it's picky but I'm just wondering if it is common to see these P7s with the proof marks and serial barely visible. I can't find a date code on it at all. I'll try to get a picture of it posted tonight. Any input would be appreciated.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
The pimp pretty much summed it up. Mine is early 80 also and has light markings on it too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, here's a picture. If this is normal, I'll feel better about things.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
looks refinished or something?Should be much more crisp than that.But what the hell its a nice gun and a fun shooter to boot,right?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Mine is not stamped that lightly. I agree that it looks like it has refinished or something

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
The letters on the slide should look like the ones on the frame.
The slide was refinished, which did happen sometimes in the German police.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the general concensus is that it is a refinish job. Is this normally acceptable for a Grade A (Like new) firearm? Cosmetically it looks pretty good other than these markings being removed. I was considering sending it off to Tripp to get hard chromed but may not now.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
HC will lose them for sure.Why not? I like the looks of the HC and you cant go back so to completely do away with the markings would be fine in my thoughts?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
A grade A should not be like that.If you are going to do a HC a lesser grade could have been bought and utilized?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A grade A should not be like that.If you are going to do a HC a lesser grade could have been bought and utilized?
Should I try to get a replacement from CDNN or just deal with it?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You might call them and plead your case?Dont know their return policy?You may have to ship back and forth and more transfer costs etc,may not be worth it in the long run.You might end up with more in a lesser gun?Just an opinion.See what everyone else thinks.CDNN is a good place to deal with.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I would ask CDNN to replace it with a A Grade, since this is not an orginal gun.
Problem is, you will have the FFL fees, but I think CDNN pays shipping.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My P7M8 doesn't have any slide markings besides the standard left-side markings. Doesn't have any import marks whatsoever. Doesn't have a date or date code of any kind, and happens to be missing the stag horn as well. I like it, I think it's a lot cooler like that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
SIGthusiast:

That would appear to be a very early P7 originally issued to the Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen) police. I would keep it if it were mine. And if you want to have it hard chromed, I believe that Ford's has the capability of restoring the engraved proof marks.

http://www.fordsguns.com/

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I just got off the phone with CDNN. They were happy to replace the gun. Sending me a call tag and everything. So, other than the transfer fees, I should be good to go.

Richard S,

Interesting to know that it is an early model. What identifies the Police Department that it was issued to?

-St

·
Registered
93 Posts
Richard S,

Interesting to know that it is an early model. What identifies the Police Department that it was issued to?

-St
It's difficult to see in the photograph, but I think I can discern the "Nds" stamp which would indicate that the pistol was originally issued to the Polizei Niedersachsen.

http://www.polizei.niedersachsen.de/

·
2,832 Posts
I think CDNN got your gun back

Email flyer got this morning from CDNN

HK P7PSP

* 9mm · 1-8rd Mag · Refinished · Tiny Pitts On Slide #HKPSPU $449.99

1 - 20 of 21 Posts