HKPRO Forums banner

P7 Prices

3422 10
What is going on with the prices of P7's? If you look on gun broker PsP's are selling for over $1000. It looks like there a lot of uninformed buyers out there that are buying these not knowing that they are police trade-ins. Even on this site a PsP went for $1300. $2000 asking price for the P7M8. Don't people know that there are still a ton of these out there?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
They're a little higher but should not be outrageously so. If you look on Gun Broker, the pistols that have asking prices of over $800-$900 have no bids on them. I just bought mine a few days ago from a local guy that had it advertised on BUY SELL TRADE GUNS ONLINE. USED GUNS. TEXAS GUN SHOW | CLASSIFIEDS | AUCTIONS for $1450 (!) and he wound up selling it to me with 3 mags, holster and carry bag (in addition to box and all accessories and manual) for $700 cash FTF.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rest assured that them being police trade ins just meant that those of us that bought them at under $700 got an exceptional deal. Out of the horses mouth I recently heard they can't make them that cheap and they will not produce more. Have we heard that before? Yes. When they went back into production, however, they came out as the exorbitantly priced Jubilee and I think that really was the end of production.

I don't doubt for a second that regular Euro P7's will routinely bring $1000+ in the relatively near future and P7M8s near $2000, and the more exotic variants even more.

Supply and demand. The P7 family is a gun before its time that never caught on in the mainstream due to cost, complexity, and capacity vs the Glock et al.

Those of us that understand how special they are will continue to support the niche, however, and as new shooters learn about them you can rest assured they will also support that pricing.

I've taken out two well heeled newbies in the past year to shoot a variety of very nice pistols and they both independently said they liked the P7 the most. Neither of them would blink at $1000.

I'm not the sharpest guy out there but over the past 20 years I've demonstrated a pretty good eye for what will appreciate in value in the market and the P7 family is one I'd bet money one without hesitation. If I felt like I could work on the things I'd have a lot more, but every time I look inside one I realize how simple every other pistol I own is by comparison.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
What is going on with the prices of P7's? If you look on gun broker PsP's are selling for over $1000. It looks like there a lot of uninformed buyers out there that are buying these not knowing that they are police trade-ins. Even on this site a PsP went for $1300. $2000 asking price for the P7M8. Don't people know that there are still a ton of these out there?
We've been saying the PSP prices would go up considerably once the supply of trade in guns is all gone. Looks like it's happening already.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depends on which model.
I have several mags for the original P7 (not M8 or M16 model). As far as I know, the mags were the same for all of the guns that used the european mag release regardless of whether it was the flat or lanyard type. At one point, I think these were going for over $100 each, but I think that was a few years ago when there was a shortage.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If I felt like I could work on the things I'd have a lot more, but every time I look inside one I realize how simple every other pistol I own is by comparison.
My sentiments exactly. I'm down to an NDS trade in (spiffed up with new grips and a Robar finish) and an early Arlington commercial that is stock. If I were a zillionaire I'd have many more with even more spare parts and mags stockpiled. Love the gun but I can't justify too many more right now.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I have several mags for the original P7 (not M8 or M16 model). As far as I know, the mags were the same for all of the guns that used the european mag release regardless of whether it was the flat or lanyard type. At one point, I think these were going for over $100 each, but I think that was a few years ago when there was a shortage.
I paid 54.95/ea a month ago for 2-new PSP mags.55-60 is a decent price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.