HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my P7 for about 6 mo now and I've managed to keep the breech face from getting hammered until today. Taking the slide off it slipped and hit hard left some dents. Is this something I should be concerned with? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Nasty!
You can try chambering a clean unmarked round and see if the witness marks leave scratched. mark a live roud with a marker at 12 o' clock fire it and look for scratches from the witness marks at that location. It would not hurt to take away the small amount of material protruding into the chamber area with a stone (NOT a file or Dremel!) but only touch it.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nasty!
You can try chambering a clean unmarked round and see if the witness marks leave scratched. mark a live roud with a marker at 12 o' clock fire it and look for scratches from the witness marks at that location. It would not hurt to take away the small amount of material protruding into the chamber area with a stone (NOT a file or Dremel!) but only touch it.
G3Kurz
Fired 8 rounds of +p no scratches or marks! Im guessing all is good!?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What are the potential repercussions of this? My P7 looks pretty ugly in that area. I noticed it but didn't think of it as a real problem, just evidence as use from it's former life. What causes it?

Thanks-

B.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slide contacting the barrel when being disassembled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts