HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a new M8 as well as a grade B psp and ive had several Fail To Fires from both guns.The firing pin drops but no boom.Sometimes i even had to recock as much as three times to get the round to go off.Each time i checked the round primer(after waiting 30 secs of course)and it looks pristine.Is this normal for break in period?Im using both WWB and Remington hollow points.

Richard

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently picked up a new M8 as well as a grade B psp and ive had several Fail To Fires from both guns.The firing pin drops but no boom.Sometimes i even had to recock as much as three times to get the round to go off.Each time i checked the round primer(after waiting 30 secs of course)and it looks pristine.Is this normal for break in period?Im using both WWB and Remington hollow points.

Richard
There is no break in period for this Richard. They go boom everytime. Are you using cheap ammo like UMC. Those rounds have alot of problems. I have a PSP that fires perfect out of the box. Might want to return the gun to your dealer if both are having trouble.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My first impression is that if 2 separate guns are having the exact same problem, then its most likely the ammo, the only common denominator between them.

I'd suggest buying a box of good quality ammo and shooting it in both guns. If you still have problems, then you can rule out the ammo as the cause, but I'm inclined to think that the issue won't happen with a quality round.

Basic troubleshooting techniques. Ammo is the cheapest and easiest to test, and even if the problem still occurs, you've at least scratched one thing off the list of things to check.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I agree that since the problem is the same with both guns, it must be the ammo (but it does seem odd that both Winchester and Remington have the same issue..

Try a Glock/Sig/USP/Walther something else for the Remington ammo. If you have the same problem, take the ammo back or at least notify the manufacture of the issue..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts