HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
No offense, but how could you be at all sure that either mag was original? It seems unlikely to me that a pistol would have come from the factory with mags having different date codes.
No offence is taken. Just hoping to get some info from the guys that may know more about these things(You, Clausewitz, Tony...).
I'm not 100% sure. Taking the words of the previous owner who had no apparent reason to lie to me.

So then if that list above is correct - what are the date codes from the 80's?

·
Maximum effort
809 Posts
Typically the slide won't have a date code on it (I don't recall seeing one), only the frame, excluding P7K3 conversion slides.

Here's an odd, unrelated overstamp to look at though:

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
HK4 (4 cal), HK45T, P7PSP, P7M13, P30SKS, MARK23, SBRs: SP5, SP5K, Z5-RS, USC/UMP
368 Posts
No offense, but how could you be at all sure that either mag was original? It seems unlikely to me that a pistol would have come from the factory with mags having different date codes.
I just checked my II (1988) coded P7M13. Its two original mags are coded IH (1987?), so it looks like whatever mags were in the bin went out the door in the box.

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
HK4 (4 cal), HK45T, P7PSP, P7M13, P30SKS, MARK23, SBRs: SP5, SP5K, Z5-RS, USC/UMP
368 Posts
This makes sense. Are you the original owner?
1st owner. It had been sitting in a backwater South Carolina gun shop on the bottom shelf growing dust bunnies. Bought it in '92.

A shipmate and I saw a pair of matched sequential P7M8's in 1986 for sale in New Jersey across the Walt Whitman from Philly for $550 each and passed on them at the time. Forty years later we still talk about passing those up. So, six years later when I saw that P7M13 for $699, I couldn't pay the guy fast enough!

·
Registered
169 Posts
1st owner. It had been sitting in a backwater South Carolina gun shop on the bottom shelf growing dust bunnies. Bought it in '92.

A shipmate and I saw a pair of matched sequential P7M8's in 1986 for sale in New Jersey across the Walt Whitman from Philly for $550 each and passed on them at the time. Forty years later we still talk about passing those up. So, six years later when I saw that P7M13 for $699, I couldn't pay the guy fast enough!
I hear you, hahaha. Lots of people tell similar stories about Miami real estate of those years. A few of them are very wealthy now...

41 - 51 of 51 Posts