HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I have shot one of my P7PSPs so I took it out last weekend. When I took it out I experienced several rounds that did not fire. The ammo was not reloads and when I looked at the primers on the rounds they had very light primer strikes. When I got home I took out the firing pin and spring and cleaned it, but I didn't see anything visually wrong.

Is this an indication that I need a new firing pin and/or firing pin spring?

Thanks...

·
Registered
355 Posts
What kind of ammo? Some have harder primers than others. Changing the firing pin spring couldn't hurt, but do it in a large Baggie, because they like to go flying.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Don't forget to clean the firing pin channel too.

I would probably function check it again when it is clean before replacing any parts.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
It has been a while since I have shot one of my P7PSPs so I took it out last weekend. When I took it out I experienced several rounds that did not fire. The ammo was not reloads and when I looked at the primers on the rounds they had very light primer strikes. When I got home I took out the firing pin and spring and cleaned it, but I didn't see anything visually wrong.

Is this an indication that I need a new firing pin and/or firing pin spring?

Thanks...
Probably a worn striker spring. Wolff sells an extra power striker spring if you fancy that sort of a thing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ammo was Remington and WWB.

I will try it again since I have done a thorough cleaning and see if it still happens.

My first thought is to just replace the spring with a stock spring if I need it. Do most of you guys replace the stock spring with an extra power spring?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts