HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Neighbor across the street is selling his P7 PSP.

Date Code - ID - 83
Import - Arlington, VA 22201
Serial Number in 51XXX Range
One magazine included
Original Box, Factory Target, and Manual included, no Firing pin take-down tool though.-no big deal
Slide, Frame, and Box, have matching Serial Numbers
1 Owner
Approx Round Count - less than 200
Stag Horns and "N" Ulm Proof House Marking
Minor Wear directly above trigger on frame in front of hand grip - visible in pic
Minor Wear on Corners of sights, and frame, inside and out, but very minor overall.

I would like to buy this from him but I don't know what it may be worth, and neither does he
He was nice enough to let me take a pic and post the info less the complete serial number
I will show him this thread to help negotiate on an exchange price
I know different models range from various prices
I have looked on g-brokr and such to get an idea of market value
But there is so much variation in the P7 Series from one pistol to another in price I have found it difficult to narrow down a fair median price.

Therefore I am asking two questions.

Any takers on guessing what may be a fair market price?

Also,

What other avenues or additional research sites could I access to find market price?

I attempted to cover all bases concerning P7 description, let me know if I missed any key info.

Thanks to the HKPRO Peers and Experts for direction

Shot at 2012-01-31

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
That should definitely qualify as a Grade A. My guess is around 7-750 but I am far from an expert. People better informed than me will be posting shortly. Hang lose till then. Also try the auction sites and the like

IMO, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on whatever you can afford on that gun, within reason. It looks pretty cherry!

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
It's not a police trade-in (I'm sure you new that) but a commercial import. I have seen them as low as $700 and as high as $1400. I would say "fair" for you is about $800 to $850 and fair for him about $850 to $950. So $850 to $900 should be good for all.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Who was the importer? As you know a lot of those were imported over the years that were police trade-ins from Europe. Yours looks like an original. I would say $750 is a fair price considering the market was flooded a few years back. A lot of them have been refurbished and those are selling between 600-800 depending on condition and extras.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vibrolucky, I think by importer you mean the city correct? It is stamped on the right side of the slide with ARL VA. And as you stated I do believe that it is not an European police trade in. Thank you sir for your feedback.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone who responded, I ended up making the purchase today.
I showed him this post, and the few comparable P7 PSP's that are listed on gbrokr. He only wanted 500 for it knowing what he could get. He then asked me if I would go to the gun store with him so he could purchase a new gun. He ended up buying a Glock 19. That is what he wanted and well different strokes I guess. He really didn't like the P7 at all and just wanted to get rid of it so he could get something new.

Thanks Again.

·
2,831 Posts
nice score, big clue to it not being a recent german pd import.......... Arlington VA!(and test target and other bits)....more like $1000 PSP and an original US import

1 - 10 of 10 Posts