HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a P7 psp and have a few questions regarding lubing the weapon. What area's should i pay close attention to. What area's hsould not be lube at all(other than inside of barrel,chamber breech face) I finally caved in and bought a P7 and I want to maintain it correctly
I run glocks and they are quite light on lubrication.
Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lube as you would any gun. Pay attention to areas that rub. DO NOT lube the PISTON or PISTON TUBE!

Personally I put a daub of TW25b on the tiny little rail guides on the frame, a little gun oil in the rail slots, a bit of Militec in the forward interior of the slide and drops on the other moving parts. I have a film of oil on the firing pin bushing parts, but just a light film...no more needed.

As with all my magazines, I use Eezox on 100% of all mag surfaces.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Another key point (from someone who used to own Glocks):
The P7 is blued and *will rust* unless you take adequate care to lube/protect it, or have it refinished.

The level of compulsiveness you need will depend upon how you use it (carried next to sweaty body vs. only taken to range every 2 weeks). I had mine refinished.

However, I can heartily second both the use of Eezox (everywhere, although I wipe out all of it from the gas cylinder before it dries) and the use of TW25b on the rails (smooth!).

Enjoy your fine new pistol!

·
Registered
887 Posts
When carrying my P7M8, or PSP I wipe the pistol down with a silicon cloth in the evening after removing my holster. Other than routine lubrication and keeping the piston and cylinder clean the P7 series is an easy to maintain weapon... and a lot of fun to shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts