HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a P7 PSP from CDNN. I would like to know-are they as reliable as my H&K USP Tactical? Also how nice is grade A? I've never bought a used firearm. I'm new to HKPRO forum and any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks- Dave:28:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I would say that it will be at least as reliable as your tactical. As pointed out above, the P7 has only one thing you MUST clean and that is the gas cylinder. A lot of folks seem to think this is a drawback, but it isn't. The P7 is, in a strange sense, a very easy gun to clean. There is absolutely no reason to detail strip a P7. Every part can either be removed easily (firing pin) or simply cleaned directly. The entire cocking mechanism is accessible by removing the grips. Most other guns basically force you to eventually learn how to detail strip the gun if you really want it to be clean.

Frankly, you could probably keep the P7 running forever by simply taking it apart every 500 rounds, brushing the cylinder and running a bore snake through it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
As reliable as a USP? - no. USP's are engineered to withstand far harsher punishment than a P7. It's far newer, and stronger technology. However, the P7 is still an HK and still a very reliable handgun. Unless you're an 'operator' of some sort and plan to expose your gun to water, sand, and other such goodies you don't need to worry about a P7's reliability.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exterior Finish Condition

Thanks for the input everybody. What should I expect as far as finish condition on a Grade A. I read some where that H&K grades them on interior wear. I realize that this is a german police trade in but it would be really cool to have a new looking pistol. Thanks - Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very light use, may show some slight wear, but very close to new.
The P7 you are considering is a magnificent firearm. It also has a polygonal barrel, you won't be disappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts