HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am seriously considering one of the grade A police trade in's from CDNN but I have some questions that I have not seen covered in any of the other threads.

1. I don't mind keeping a weapon clean but are the gas piston, cylinder, fluted chamber or especially the gas port hard to keep clean?
2. If I have any problems will H&K service my P7 for me. I don't mind paying for it, I'm not expecting covered warranty work.
3. When it comes to refinishing what is meant by removing the mill-mark?
4. Are the grade A P7's from CDNN nice enough to not need refinishing?
5. Could somebody post pic's of a recent P7 grade A purchase from CDNN?

I know this is a lot of questions but they will help me make my final decision and I would really appreciate the help. Thanks- Dave

-------------------------------------
G21c w/Mepro's
H&K USP .45 Tactical w/Trijicons
Arsenal SAM 7R
Armalite M15 w/ Trijicons

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
1a) With the Gas piston all that you have to do is wipe the rings down.
1b) Simply use the gas cylinder scraper and brush that should come with the gun.
1c) Nothing special needed with the fluted chamber.
1d) With normal cleaning you shouldn't have a problem with the gas port.

2) HK Inc should service your P7.

3) A lot of P7 series trade-ins have a police stamp that gets milled away buy HK. Some refinishers will "clean-up" that milling to make it look like it never happened.

4) Many of the Grade A's are in perfect condition with just some minor holster wear. Each gun will have it's own charactor so to speak.

5) Try using the seach function on the site for past threads or try lokking in the gallery/picture section.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I cant seem to post photos here but I have to say I recently picked up another B grade from CDNN and mine looked almost new. Finish is excellent.You wont be disappointed. Im considering buying one or two more of these to put away for my kids.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I plan on doing the same thing after receiving mine last week from CDNN. I am very happy with the condition of my PSP.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If your ordering a P7 from CDNN go with a B grade and save some $ especially if you are planning on refinishing the gun. The CDNN B grades that I have seen are in great condition. Ask for Marshall and have him pick out a nice one for you.

·
Registered
886 Posts
My grade A from CDNN looked brand new. I'd buy another from them in a heartbeat. The P7 isn't difficult to keep clean and HK will service them f ever needed. My gun was imported by HK in Trussville, AL and sold through CDNN. They're a good outfit and I've purchased several guns through them. I'm really enjoying my P7PSP. You should be as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
P7

I bought a P7 PSP Grade B, looks very nice, just plan on shooting it. My
wife and I have one I purchased new in 86, hers looks very nice , mine is in serious need of refinish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts