HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
View attachment 80034

Or at least it appears so at the bottom of this seized cache. If it is a P7, too bad as we all know what will happen to it. Looks kind of like a P7K3 or ?

Cops arrest 10 in gun and drug busts | New York Post
Interesting....
There MAY BE a back story to this that might interest you.
In 1986 my new boss at HK and I made a road trip to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in GA. We loaded the company Audi 5000 with a large pistol Pelican case full of 22 P7M8's and M13's that we planned to use for a pistol class at FLETC. We also had a PSG1 in the brown aluminum case (in the back seat covered up - too big for the trunk) and an MP5K in the firing briefcase. Off we went down I95. We stopped in downtown Savannah for breakfast along the riverfront there. When we came out I noticed the items in the back seat had been moved around. When we got inside the PSG1 case had been opened (the rifle was still there) BUT the Pelican case of 20+ P7's was GONE. The K in the case was securely locked in the trunk me having rearranged things right before breakfast to get it into the trunk. I said to my boss "the P7's are gone!". Somewhere some guy was walking around historic Savannah with a VERY heavy case of German handguns. We called the cops - they were not happy. We called our boss - he asked "was anyone hurt" and much to our surprise did not say turn in your ID badge and find work elsewhere. Later on we learned that 3 or more of these stolen P7's had turned up in cities in the northeast within days. One was returned by a PD to HK which I purchased used and still have.

So one wonders if this P7M8 in the photos was one of the lost Savannah guns?

G3Kurz

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Interesting....
There MAY BE a back story to this that might interest you.
In 1986 my new boss at HK and I made a road trip to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in GA. We loaded the company Audi 5000 with a large pistol Pelican case full of 22 P7M8's and M13's that we planned to use for a pistol class at FLETC. We also had a PSG1 in the brown aluminum case (in the back seat covered up - too big for the trunk) and an MP5K in the firing briefcase. Off we went down I95. We stopped in downtown Savannah for breakfast along the riverfront there. When we came out I noticed the items in the back seat had been moved around. When we got inside the PSG1 case had been opened (the rifle was still there) BUT the Pelican case of 20+ P7's was GONE. The K in the case was securely locked in the trunk me having rearranged things right before breakfast to get it into the trunk. I said to my boss "the P7's are gone!". Somewhere some guy was walking around historic Savannah with a VERY heavy case of German handguns. We called the cops - they were not happy. We called our boss - he asked "was anyone hurt" and much to our surprise did not say turn in your ID badge and find work elsewhere. Later on we learned that 3 or more of these stolen P7's had turned up in cities in the northeast within days. One was returned by a PD to HK which I purchased used and still have.

So one wonders if this P7M8 in the photos was one of the lost Savannah guns?

G3Kurz
Thanks for the story G3K, I am by no means an expert but doesn't the barrel seem rather short and sites raised on the P7 in the pic for a M8 or M13? At any rate, that gun certainly stands out among the garden-variety back alley drug dealer armament.

Savannah...we were there in 09' on TDY with my aircrew and someone attempted to pop our govt issued Ford Expedition's trunk handle in less than 20 min of being parked downtown. Those dark blue SUVs are apparently just too tempting to some.

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
Thanks for the story G3K, I am by no means an expert but doesn't the barrel seem rather short and sites raised on the P7 in the pic for a M8 or M13? At any rate, that gun certainly stands out among the garden-variety back alley drug dealer armament.

Savannah...we were there in 09' on TDY with my aircrew and someone attempted to pop our govt issued Ford Expedition's trunk handle in less than 20 min of being parked downtown. Those dark blue SUVs are apparently just too tempting to some.
That photo was vertically stretched. Every gun, item on there seems out of proportion.
G3Kurz

·
Priest of the P7
5,037 Posts
Cool story, G3K. If I were a petty thief and broke into an Audi and found it full of guns I would probably wonder "who the hell are these guys?" and back away slowly. It would be interesting to find out if the serial on that M8 is one of those lost that day.

Definitely too bad. What will they do with it? Melt it down?

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
Cool story, G3K. If I were a petty thief and broke into an Audi and found it full of guns I would probably wonder "who the hell are these guys?" and back away slowly. It would be interesting to find out if the serial on that M8 is one of those lost that day.

Definitely too bad. What will they do with it? Melt it down?
Imagine his the expression on his face when he opened the case and saw that PSG1 laying there in all its glory!
Imagine how things might have turned out had he got his hands on the MP5K and firing briefcase in the trunk!
A point of note, after this incident we purchased Ford Broncos with custom cut Fort Knox trunk safes behind the rear seat.
Good lesson learned.
G3Kurz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts