HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a P7 that I bought last year, sold, and then bought back a couple weeks ago. Since I sold it, it was refinished, very nicely. I just shot it tonight for the first time in a LOOOOONG time. I had some issues. I couldn't feel my trigger resetting, and a couple times, it didn't reset when I went to squeeze, I had to remove my finger from the trigger for it to reset. It has been a while, but is the reset supposed to be a really light?

I'm used to shooting my USPf with the hybrid trigger, and my P20000SK light LEM, and I'm hoping that's my problem and it's not the gun. It had no issues before I sold it and the person I sold/bought it from is someone I highly trust with HK's, so I don't feel there is any need to question what may have happened during it's temporary seperation from me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't think you can judge the reset characteristics of a P7 versus other HKs -- totally different animals, in my mind. That being said, hopefully the refinishing of the pistol did not cause the issue but that would be my first guess hearing this.

By the way, my P7's all make a healthy "click" sound at reset.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to clean it tonight and try some dry fires and resets to see if I can get it to repeat. Sometimes I would release the cocker and when I would cock it, everything was fine. I really hope it was just me not being used to the gun anymore.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took off the right grip to see the trigger action. It seems that the return spring has lost tension on the return bar. When it resets it's VERY soft, no "click." I see nothing out of the ordinary, just a weak return spring.

Just took it apart, and the part of the spring that rides the reset bar is bent. Oh well, time to order one, hope I can find one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just had a pistol hard chromed and when it came back. it had a gritty film on it which required a good cleaning. That grit could cause operational issues if it were fired before it was properly cleaned off.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts