HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping a friend out with a P7 purchase. I guess I need a quick debrief on what determines the value of these things. I've seen them in perfect shape at pawn shops for $500, and at gun shows you see a $700 one on one table right next to a $1700 one on another. What is determining these values? I understand the mechanical differences between M8s and M13, is that what these prices reflect? Is one way more valuable than the other? Is one caliber more valuable than the other?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
M13 is the most valuable, followed by the M8 and then the PSP. The price is mostly determined by the condition of the interior parts. A grade A PSP is going to go for a couple hundred more than a grade C. If you find one for $500, jump on it regardless off it's condition! Now the stock piles of police turn in's are mostly dried up, so the prices are going up again. It's hard to find even a grade c in the <$800 range.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Helping a friend out with a P7 purchase. I guess I need a quick debrief on what determines the value of these things. I've seen them in perfect shape at pawn shops for $500, and at gun shows you see a $700 one on one table right next to a $1700 one on another. What is determining these values? I understand the mechanical differences between M8s and M13, is that what these prices reflect? Is one way more valuable than the other? Is one caliber more valuable than the other?
FYI

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/67626-price-check-nickel-p7m10-p7m13.html

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I could kick myself for not getting it. I took THREE separate friends to the pawn shop and had them hold it to see if they would like it. Assured them it was a steal, but no takers. I know I would never use it because I already have multiple 9mms I never touch. I took the girlfriend and tried to convince her it was perfect for her, so I could buy it. No dice. Someone got a bangin' deal on that, it was in the box and from what I could tell in perfect shape. You see crazyness like that sometimes at pawn stores. Particularly that one. I've gotten a brand new boxed and wrapped Sig P232 with night sights for 350, an HK marked Benelli super 90 with the M3 stock for 450 at the same place. But I've also seen Uzis for $2500 and a bunch of other insanity.

I would tell the tale of an HK rifle collection that got turned in there once, and what it was priced at, but it would make everyone vomit. They were all real HK, all pristine, all came in together, and all cheap. I actually looked into getting a personal loan just to buy the whole lot, but they disappeared instantly.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah I could kick myself for not getting it. I took THREE separate friends to the pawn shop and had them hold it to see if they would like it. Assured them it was a steal, but no takers. I know I would never use it because I already have multiple 9mms I never touch. I took the girlfriend and tried to convince her it was perfect for her, so I could buy it. No dice. Someone got a bangin' deal on that, it was in the box and from what I could tell in perfect shape. You see crazyness like that sometimes at pawn stores. Particularly that one. I've gotten a brand new boxed and wrapped Sig P232 with night sights for 350, an HK marked Benelli super 90 with the M3 stock for 450 at the same place. But I've also seen Uzis for $2500 and a bunch of other insanity.

I would tell the tale of an HK rifle collection that got turned in there once, and what it was priced at, but it would make everyone vomit. They were all real HK, all pristine, all came in together, and all cheap. I actually looked into getting a personal loan just to buy the whole lot, but they disappeared instantly.
Where is this magical place? Lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, far from Iowa. It's SO hit or miss, though. Sometimes you go in and it's a rusty old astra, a revolver with no cylinder, and an airsoft gun. Then you go in a week later and it's this huge spread of great ****. Complete roll of the dice.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Average price for an excellent condition shooter should be about $700-$750 with two mags in current market conditions. Grade A could go for a bit higher but I wouldn't pay extra for one. Often Grade A's are at or near the condition of the Grade B's. Grade C's are usually still good internally and are a value for those looking to refinish their P7 in something like nickel, hard chrome, Robar, etc. A P7M8 will generally go for about $1200-$1300, more if it comes with a lot of mags. Expect to pay $1600-$1800 for an M13 although sometimes you'll see a steal of a deal come up. P7M10 and P7K3 are rare enough that there's no real consensus on values for them. Basically, if you really want one of those, find one that meets your criteria and be prepared to pay whatever price the seller asks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts