HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which one was better?If I could I would get both but alas= me < $$. I just cant decide . I leaning more toward the $700 p7's out right now for a carry gun.

·
1,252 Posts
If you are looking for a concealed carry piece, the P7 is supperior. Plus, they are really inexpensive right now. As much as I love the P9S for range use, I carry a P7.

If I could only have one gun, it would be a P9S.... but since I can own more than one, I'd opt for the P7 for concealed carry.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
One thing I don't like about the P9 is that plastic buffer you have to exchange.
I would buy the P7 any day!!

G

·
Just wondering which one was better?If I could I would get both but alas= me < $$. I just cant decide . I leaning more toward the $700 p7's out right now for a carry gun.
Get the P7. At $700, that's about half the price for a NIB P7 and I cannot find P9's at that price plus like others mentioned, the P7 is better for Concealed Carry.

·
2,832 Posts
there are $600-700 P9s 9mm combats out there, most will be german ex police guns but are in great shape.

Get the P7. At $700, that's about half the price for a NIB P7 and I cannot find P9's at that price plus like others mentioned, the P7 is better for Concealed Carry.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
If you are looking for a concealed carry piece, the P7 is supperior. Plus, they are really inexpensive right now. As much as I love the P9S for range use, I carry a P7.

If I could only have one gun, it would be a P9S.... but since I can own more than one, I'd opt for the P7 for concealed carry.
ditto, I love my P9, but my carry piece is my P7M8.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have to disagree but I have a PSP not a M8 and the heat issue with my psp seems to be the downfall. I shoot several times a week and cannot reholster the P7 after firing it and also the the magazine catch on the bottom seems like it might be a problem but the p9 has it to, so I switch between the p9 and USP9 as my carry piece. I need to buy a P8 and just be done with it.

Josh

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have both and both are awesome, but I would definitely choose the P7 over the P9.

For me it points better (though the P9 is also great in that regard) and the squeeze cocking mechanism is a really great feature.

You would likely be very happy with either, but if I could have just one it would be the P7. Another thing to consider is that the PSPs are basically a great chance to get the P7 at half its previous cost. I have no idea how many are available, but they may not last forever (kind of like the CA DOJ HK94s).

HTH

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys I slept on it and thought it over.
I also went and gambled in California and left $120 up. So I am leaning more toward the P7 Thanks for all your comments. I figure that p9's are as rare as they are gonna get at this point but to pick up a P7 at 700-750 is a great deal.(minus the extra capacity)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ditto. I also own both............and I have owned them all! Guess which two
are the keepers. You got it. The P9S and P7M8. Like all HK models but the
those two are my faves for different reasons of course. The P9S is a dream
to shoot for a .45 and the P7M8 is unbelivably accurate due to squeeze
cocking perpetual single action trigger. They are must haves for anybody
who seriously frequents this forum.

·
2,832 Posts
Well I met someone friday that really doesn't like the P9s.....so I ask why? "see this scar on my hand? its from a P9s 45rd.....damn decocker" he did admit his left hand should not have been where it was......partialy over the muzzle.

this was the owner of a well know local gun store, been in business and around guns for ages.

and while this doesn't happen often.....I can see how if can with the P9s

·
Registered
12 Posts
P7s at CDNN

"..where can you get a P7 for $700? I was going to get a P2k SK but if I can grab one of these for that price.... makes a harder choice"

CDNN has been selling two grades. Best grade about $700. Mine looked unfired. These are not P7M8s. These have the European style mag release in the heel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts