HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could a P7m10 ever be made to chamber the 10mm? The M10 cost too much money, but it would be cool.

·
Registered
802 Posts
No, 10mm cartridge is 45 ACP OAL. The P7's are designed around a 9mm OAL.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For that matter, HK has never made any guns in 10mm caliber.
Of course HK has never made a 10mm pistol. But there are HK USP 40 S&W owners that have converted their USPs to 10mm. And there are .40 cal 1911 owners that have had their guns re chambered for the 10mm.

My thought was the P7M10 clearly was "over built" for the .40 S&W it would be cool to have the BIG Bulky M10 chambered in a more powerful round.

that is all

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i wouls imagine if you had the chamber reamed for 10mm and upgraded the spring, you may get away with it, im not sure about running 10mm wildcat in it though the gas piston might go bang :)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Grrr...thats what I meant, "HK has never made a 10mm pistol". THERE ARE YOU HAPPY!? :)

I've seen the P7 in .40S&W. It had a very thick slide at the top reportedly to add weight to slow down the slide on recoil.
Thats is the P7M10. P7M10 is chambered in .40 S&W.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
And HK had to make the slide already so big for the .40 which is a lot weaker then the 10mm.
That's why I don't think the 10mm would work!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Anymore weight on that slide and the gun wouldn't just be a boat anchor anymore, it would be a whole bloody harbour. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Could a P7m10 ever be made to chamber the 10mm? The M10 cost too much money, but it would be cool.
You could mod a M10 to shoot 10mm. The main thing is... will the mags accomodate the round. If the mags will hold it... you can open up the ejection port, throat the chamber, and beef up the recoil system. The breach face would work perfectly with 10mm. The P7 series is notorious for heating up quickly after few shots. So you might have a gun that got too hot to hold after only a few mags.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Easier conversion??? .357 SIG

Sounds like to much work and money for 10mm conversion, if it can be done at all. So my idea is convert to .357 sig. Bar-Sto could possibly make a barrel. Mags would be the same.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I love the .357 SIG and the P2000 in .357 SIG is my carry gun, but a P7M10 is so bulky, that it is too much for me as a carry gun.
I however would love a P30 with the squise cooking in .357 SIG!
Too bad that the large mass of people, have trouble handling a squise cooked gun!

A

·
0 Posts
Too Bulky?

I love the .357 SIG and the P2000 in .357 SIG is my carry gun, but a P7M10 is so bulky, that it is too much for me as a carry gun.
I however would love a P30 with the squise cooking in .357 SIG!
Too bad that the large mass of people, have trouble handling a squise cooked gun!
Once upon a time many of the gun culture carried N frame .44 Maggies!
Ya sissies!

Dave did this conversion way back (M-40) when, as did I on the USP, both failed. Much like the MP-10 POS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts