HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many P7M10's were built blued and how many in nickel and what was the last year they were made? I no the gun came out in 1992 with a small slide and it went to the bigger slide in 1993. I'd also like to no how many small slide ones (if any) made it to the gun stores for sale and how many there was imported into the USA all together?
Thanks Nick

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I believe there were something like 3000 P7M10 pistols imported, the majority of them being the nickle finish. Although, no one really has an exact number.

Also, the "slim slide" was a prototype never released for commercial sale. HK weighted the slide on the final production model because they were concerned with the long term durability of the gun using the hotter .40S&W loads being developed at that time.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that info

·
Registered
193 Posts
The long held belief that blued M10s are more rare is wrong. This was proved twice, by two independent sources by conducting serial number surveys. The blued M10s outnumber the nickels. Also KD was the last year of manufacture, they made about 2700 of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts