HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
View attachment 272080

My name is Lou and although Ive always loved squeeze cockers I consider myself a newbe. Ive owned and sold a few over the years. I was a NJ Municipal Cop for 25 years and when I got hired, the NJSP carried P7M8's.
Always thought the were the coolest even before Hans Gruber fell out the window.
So im on vacation in South Carolina with my family and one cloudy day, I figure Id hit the local gun shops (Gun shops in NJ tend to suck) So I hit one in Surfside, wanting to buy some ammo and check his wares.
Lo and Behold he's got about 6 guns in stock and hardly any ammo. I look in the corner of his case and see an P7M13. I tried to hide my excitement. I ask to see it and the Salty sales person says he got it a few
weeks ago. its just the pistol and 3 magazines, no box or tools. He says I want $999 for it. I said sold, didn't want to bargain with him in case he changed his mind. While he's doing his thing and Im getting my FFL's info
I go on gun broker and armslist to see what the going rate is and I see anywhere from $2200 to 8k never fired.
I found it hard to believe that a Gun Store Owner/Employee didn't know what he had. Am I getting ahead of my self, or did I do Ok? Its kinda heavy to carry so its prolly gonna sit in my safe and will shoot it from time to time.
Anything anyone can tell me about this pistol from the Serial numbers or markings that would be interesting for me to know? #77200
Thanks for listening.
Lou

file:///Users/loustitzer/Downloads/IMG_2480.JPG

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,227 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Even without seeing the condition, I can tell you that you stole it. If you need any help with servicing it, give me a shout.

Here's a video I did on the New Jersey State Police adoption of the P7M8 you might enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z046lVsytk&t=2136s

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir,
Great Video, I remember when my Range Officer called the P7's "Toe Shooters" but I read between the lines, its just careless cops with a finger on the trigger while squeezing it.
I will defiantly keep you as a resource for service.
Thanks
Lou

·
Registered
726 Posts
I’m unable to open the link for the picture, but here is what it should be according to the serial. Your P7M13 should have an IG (1986) date code with Chantilly VA import marks. It has a standard trigger, not the earlier style fat one. It would have come with a charcoal colored cardboard box, manual, warranty card, cleaning brush, yellow safety card, two IG date coded mags and possibly a test target. It’s hard to say what it’s worth without seeing its condition, but it would probably bring $3000-3600 in today’s market. The air in those coastal areas can be hell on P7s. Make sure you wipe it down with some good oil or protectant.

·
Priest of the P7
4,807 Posts
If you really picked that M13 up for $1G you definitely stole it. Crazy.

Reactions: Stuntman

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Reactions: Stuntman

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,227 Posts
From the photo you posted, I suspect, that since the trigger has been upgraded from its original "fat trigger", that the other "upgrade" parts have also been added. This was common if the pistol returned to H&K and was done as a no cost option to the customer. Though for serious collectors, not having the fat trigger is often seen as less desirable, for someone who is going to actually shoot the pistol, having the upgraded parts is a benefit.
Again. Congrats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You, I new it was on the low slide when I saw it. I just found it hard to believe that the owner/salesmen let it go for so cheep. I wasn't gonna argue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brobus,
Can you tell me anything about this PSP that I purchased about two years ago? I have box, papers tools (no scraper tool) matching number? I have the stock grips but I wanted Nills and could not find them so I purchased these on Ebay from a guy from Thailand. They are pretty nice. It came with 5 mags.
Lou
IMG_2949.JPG
IMG_3026.JPG
IMG_1154.JPG

·
Registered
726 Posts
From the photo you posted, I suspect, that since the trigger has been upgraded from its original "fat trigger", that the other "upgrade" parts have also been added. This was common if the pistol returned to H&K and was done as a no cost option to the customer. Though for serious collectors, not having the fat trigger is often seen as less desirable, for someone who is going to actually shoot the pistol, having the upgraded parts is a benefit.
Again. Congrats.
The above P7M13 has a serial number of 77200 and would have come from the factory with the standard trigger/fire control parts. The fat trigger cut off was somwhere between serial 76650 and 76861.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Brobus,
Can you tell me anything about this PSP that I purchased about two years ago? I have box, papers tools (no scraper tool) matching number? I have the stock grips but I wanted Nills and could not find them so I purchased these on Ebay from a guy from Thailand. They are pretty nice. It came with 5 mags.
Lou
View attachment 272198
View attachment 272200
View attachment 272202
Very nice NDS (Lower Saxony Police) trade in. It was made after the fat trigger cut off so it would have come from the factory with the latest fire control parts. Most of the police trade ins have some holster wear, but were shot very little. Hk would have inspected it and replace any out of spec parts. Was imported by HK USA when they were headquartered in Columbus GA. The grips look nice and they are certainly priced very well, but the quality, fit and finish are not as good as the Nills.

·
Banned
34,591 Posts
Again. Congrats.
Probably the original trigger--- the fat/thin trigger transition occurred @ 758XX!!! :wink:

Tony

1 - 17 of 17 Posts