HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went shooting out in the desert with the buddies yesterday out in the desert. I shot my newly aquired p7m8 for the first time, put over 200 rds through it. Found less then 50pc of brass... This gun launches brass over 15 feet, and I couldn't find hardly anything because of course most of the brass disappeared in tall dry grass and bushes.
Next time I'm just gonna have to find a cleaner flatter area to shoot...
Oh well I don't reload so its not such a big deal, but I plan to eventually.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
When you do find some of that brass, look it over carefully. Notice the striations that run partial length of the case. The chamber has small channels cut into it, to aid in extraction. As a matter-of-fact, the P7 can extract without an extractor. There is a video somewhere on the internet demonstrating this. I have had 4 M8s. I have 3 now, and really like this platform.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I noticed the flutes, I've been told reloading them isn't such a big deal. I just like collecting brass, its half the fun, but in 96 degree heat when you can't find any... Kinda sucks lol. Loved the gun. Shot it a lot more then my Usp45. Shoots accurate it was my first time shooting at targets... Yes I'm newb. But is like to think I didn't do too bad from 20-25 feet

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
They are great shooters, but get so hot that it becomes difficult to handle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K did notice that it got pretty warm. But that just gave me an excuse to switch to a different gun. I brought out my Usp45, 357 colt trooper, and I took the virginity of my 80s NOS winchester model 94. Not so nos anymore ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
When you do find some of that brass, look it over carefully. Notice the striations that run partial length of the case. The chamber has small channels cut into it, to aid in extraction. As a matter-of-fact, the P7 can extract without an extractor. There is a video somewhere on the internet demonstrating this. I have had 4 M8s. I have 3 now, and really like this platform.
No extractor.Excellent news! I might have to try that this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unbeknownst to me I lost my extractor during a range session and the gun extracted just fine until I realized it was missing and stopped shooting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts