HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my recent P7M8 purchase many members here told me to send it off to get inspected... yet nearly no one said why. Seems like many people are afraid to touch the internals of the P7.

So I broke down/cleaned/inspected the internals of my M8. Although its not as easy to break down as some modern guns, it's not that bad; looks worse than it is. To me it was similar to striping down a 1911 to bare frame, perhaps a little more difficult.

There was no rust or build up of burnt powder, carbon etc in mine. (Mine is a 2005 and the original/previous owner carried it much more than he shot it), I wiped the oil in there off and put a light coat back on and put it all back together. As usual used the scraper in the cylinder (make sure you are turning it clockwise as the instructions say) and checked it with a bore light. Doesn't need to be squeaky clean and bright... its a piston cylinder its always going to get dirty; just like the insides of a user serviceable suppressor.

M13 should be the same.The heat shield snaps in and out of place, no glue. however I did not remove it in fear that the plastic may be brittle from heat.

Detail takedown instructions of the frame link to a detailed P7 Takedown

Below are the instructions I used, and the pictures of mine taken down and the tools used.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
the guy who sold me the gun gave me the guide. Not sure where he got it from, the front says it was distributed by "RADOCY".
I got mine at Gander Mountain a few years ago.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I pulled the cocking lever off once and regretted it because a bunch of little pieces fell off as a result. Did not have the nerves to go any farther.

The manual talks about a spring on the piston assembly. What is that about?

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Don't worry alexc.. all the negative Nancys commenting must not be able to fathom the idea that one might be able to service his or her own pistol. I don't see what the big deal is personally. If you have the instructions, the proper tools, and half a brain, I don't see how bad it could be.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Exactly CPshooter, I concur. If a person owns a firearm they should be able to service it. How on earth can someone troubleshoot something when it breaks if they have no clue how it works?

Thanks for posting alexc. I don't even on a P7 and I'll be picking up one of those takedown guides next gunshow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.