HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT, I HAVE 2 P7M8 S 1 THAT HAS A CERTICATE THAT SAYS FINAL PRODUCTION SIGNED BY THE COL. IN THE MARINE CORPS. AND I HAVE 1 WITH THE HK SIDEARMS MARK ON IT WITH A HIGHER SERIAL NUMBER ON IT. WHICH ONE IS THE REAL FINAL RUN MAYBE SOMEONE KNOWS

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a pair of AE marked P7M8's three years ago after HK announced that production on the model was going to cease.

It is difficult to say when HK will truly end production.

Therefore, just buy a P7M8 because you want or "need" one.

Don't buy one because it is an "end of production" collectible.

They all might disappear tomorrow.

But HK may decide to play the game for another decade.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It is highly rumored that the ones with the Cert signed by the former head of HKI were infact the last ones produced. However they were not infact that last ones assembled, and proofed.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
There was alot of people mad about this not too long ago. I think someone even suggested getting a lawyer and sueing. I think the most they would be able to get is the pistol bought back minus any wear on it. If you do a search you may find the thread on it but I think the genral consensis was who knows?

·
Registered
328 Posts
You will notice that Both the Last 500 and the Higher serial numbered ones are marked HK Sidearms on the side..

From what I understand -
There are 500 w/ HK Sidearms and xxx of 500 marked on the slide.
and about 200 of the HK Sidearms marked on the slide.

I believe both will appeal to collectors and both will bring a premium..

Please - Correct me if I'm wrong here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Final run

Thanks guys, so the final run ones w/ certificates are about the same collector value as each other. actually i feel the ones without the cert. are more desirable but that s just my opinion.thanks Rick

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would agree after thinking about it.. The last - Last ones would have more collectors value.. After all there is only about 200 of them, at that is a very limited amount considering the amount of gun owners out there and P7 folks!!

Are the 16-XXXXXX serial numbers put on in Germany or here in the USA?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I would agree after thinking about it.. The last - Last ones would have more collectors value.. After all there is only about 200 of them, at that is a very limited amount considering the amount of gun owners out there and P7 folks!!

Are the 16-XXXXXX serial numbers put on in Germany or here in the USA?
The "16" is the prefix used by HK to determin the type of firearm it is. Every HK since the 1990's has a prefix as part of the SN.

And it is put on in Germany.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thank You.. Do you know if the xxx of 500 was also put on in German or the USA. My guess is the USA..

Any idea as to why they started to put HK Sidearm on the slide and place the warning under the trigger guard with this last and "final" batch.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I've seen AH P7M8's, what the hell is going on? How many limited production runs do they plan of having?
The AH date code are supposedly the "Last" of the P7's.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Just like the KG coded Mark 23's were the "last" of the "1,500 limited civilian availability"!
Exactly! :D
BTW there a new shipment of Mark 23's supposedly due out by the end of the year. It may be the last one...... :)

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT, I HAVE 2 P7M8 S 1 THAT HAS A CERTICATE THAT SAYS FINAL PRODUCTION SIGNED BY THE COL. IN THE MARINE CORPS. AND I HAVE 1 WITH THE HK SIDEARMS MARK ON IT WITH A HIGHER SERIAL NUMBER ON IT. WHICH ONE IS THE REAL FINAL RUN MAYBE SOMEONE KNOWS

I never knew that HK had any association with the US Marine corp. As far as signing a certicate may have been done by some unscruples gun dealer, and I think I would treat that certicate as simply toilet paper..... TJ

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I never knew that HK had any association with the US Marine corp. As far as signing a certicate may have been done by some unscruples gun dealer, and I think I would treat that certicate as simply toilet paper..... TJ
What he is refering too is the "Last of 500" P7M8s that came out last year. Each pistol included a certificate signed by retired Major General John G. Meyer, Jr. who was Chief Executive Officer of HKI. He resinged in July.

http://www.hkd-usa.com/HKWebNews/byItemID///18/3/3/15

1 - 20 of 20 Posts