HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried on the holster that came in the deal of my p7 the otherday, I came to the conclusion its not for me.
It's a brown leather galco holster, also comes with a matching 2 mag holster. The problem is I'm a bigger dude, with a gut, 6'2 @ 300lbs. The holster sits a bit to high for my longer arms, and while sitting the gun stabs my gut, and the mags pinch the other side of me. I think it looks and feels like a great holster. My p7m8 fits like a glove and slips in and out nicely. I believe the mag holster is adjustable for tightness on mags.

Is there another brand or style that would fit me better? Is like it to sit lower, I'd really prefer leather, I don't like sticking such beautiful guns in a plastic style pocket.

Also I may sell what I currently have, I'm still on the fence about it, since I am in the process of losing weight, (60lbs so far, go me!) And I'm sure it would fit much better on a thinner build. But I wouldn't know what these would go for there are small nics and scratches, but nothing that really bugs me, and I'm fairly anal about those sorts of things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

·
Registered
618 Posts
First of all great job on loosing the weight. That's very hard to do and determination is the key and it seems you solved that. Great job. Now as for the holster, you may need to contact one of the custom holster manufacturers and speak to someone who may be able to produce a low ride holster for you. I'm not crazy about plastic holsters as well. In some cases it is the best to have the plastic one. Check on this sight there is great deal of good info for you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, but for the past couple months I've been stuck. And I may have had a few beers recently haha. Anyways yes it takes a lot of determination.

What site are you refering to, this one?(hkpro) Cause I didn't see a link.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so no body makes a lower fit holster for this gun? wonder if there is a way to make an attachment or something to drop this holster?

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Check out TT gunleather, mikes special. I have one for a M8 and love it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oo a bit pricey, but they seem nice, i think i would definately prefer a IWB, a bit of concealment and a lower fit. i would forsure need the IWB double mag holster aswell. maybe ill give it ago, thanks deuce.

any idea what i could possible sell my rig for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts