HKPRO Forums banner

P7M8 "last of 500"

8K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Jeff 
G
#1 ·
I jumped on a consecutive pair of P7M8 "Last of 500" about 5 months ago. Thinking that if I don't buy them now they will be gone forever! A few days ago I found that HK released an additional 200 pistols with higher serial numbers! What the hell was that! That is mess UP! I Posted a tread in HK forum requesting an explanation but post was immediately removed! They PM me with phone number and request that I call them. Here is their explanation, HK Germany shut down production once they completed the "last of 500" P7M8. The new pistol was assembled before the "
last of 500" using parts that were made before the "last of 500". Reason having higher serial numbers was pistols were shipped after the "last of 500". They said pistols was assembled without serial number and serial number is stamped right before they shipped them! Therefore P7M8 shipped after the "Last of 500" have higher serial numbers even though they were made before. Is it me or does it sound like BS? That employee also said HK Germany still owe them an additional 100 pieces! I am just pissed!

#4 ·
Pulling the post may have been "BS." Higher serial numbers than the "last of 500" is either "BS" or perhaps they just don't get it (that's my vote).

:380: I guess it all depends on your definition of when a gun becomes a gun. When the parts are made, when they are put together, or when the serial number goes on?

#6 ·
I understand your frustration, but you still have 2 of only 500 that are numbered. Serial#'s aren't that significant. You have 2 awesome pistols that will keep their value. I would still buy one of the numbered ones, regardless of serial #. Just be thankful that you are able to have 2.

#7 ·
I look at it like this. People should not rip others off in life. Likewise, when you sell guns at ungodly prices (which I admit I pay) you should not **** your customer base deep in the @$$.

If HK claims the 500 are the last made, they better have the last 500 serial numbers. Otherwise they jabbed you in the backside without lube.

You are upset because you believe you were mislead. You were. The LAST 500 are now followed by a bunch more. Now I am upset too.

G
#8 ·
I am upset because I felt mislead! Thinking that it was going to be the last run, I bought them at Full MSRP :mad: Call HK to get an explanation instead they told me there might be another 100 coming!

#9 ·
You wouldn't be paying any less for the pistols being put together from spare parts now than you payed for your 'last of 500' set. Damned things aren't cheap to begin with. As far as paying full boat on an HK that's the dealer's call, not the factory. Did you get screwed? Only if you bought the pistols speculating they would appreciate in value better than any other P7M8. Over time all P7s are going to hold, or increase in value better than most. Like anything else though that's pure speculation on my part and not the reason I bought them in the first place. I just flat out like the gun's design and the way it shoots. That's the best reason to buy one. That way you don't feel like you need KY gel when something like this happens.

G
#11 ·
I will enjoy them! No one can predict how gun value will go, only time will tell. Those are not the only P7M8 I own but are the only P7M8s I paid full boat! :D I am ok with the pistols, just unhappy with what HK is doing. Currently I have been seeing P7M8 for around $1400 NIB. That is about $300 less than what I paid.:650:

#12 ·
Don't be pissed off. HK simply assembled P7M8 parts guns that will be of little value since they just used the spare parts that would otherwise be cached to support the lifetime warranty repairs for the rest of us P7M8 owners. This is actually a good sign, as it shows their confidence in the eternal durability of the P7 design and that none of the parts in your gun will likely never break. This is good news. :/

Tim

#13 ·
The thread popped up again on HK-USA. I posted. It was pulled again.

I think a nerve was hit that only draws negative attention to the disingenuity on HK's part for mis-marketing the final "500." Unless they can come up with a better explanation, I have a hard time not believing that anything more than an opportunity to make additional profit was at play for the latest batch of P7M8's to hit the market. It is an insult to those of us who paid a premium for the "last 500." The fact that HK-USA can't come up with a better explanation is good sign that it's a bunch of BS and they know it.

Tim

G
#14 ·
I only wanted an explanation from them but they pulled my thread! So I found a few more forums to inform people of what HK is doing. This is an online forum, last time I checked that means a public place for open discussion! I believed I should be able to tell people, my experience with certain manufacturer! A few website that is funded by major gun manufacturer will screen and remove any negative thread posted by their customers! One of the forum removed my post and deducted 4 points! LOL They can deduct all they want but I am not going back! IMO that is not the kind of forum you want to visit to get info on certain product?

#15 ·
No such creature (i.e., limited availability", "limited edition", etc.) exists :eek: - these are merely marketing tools. :43:

Misleading- yes; cause for anger and frustration- yes; anything you can do- probably not, with the exception of NOT purchasing any more HK product, which you probably will not.

As stated many times before, the "limited civilian availability of 1,500 units" of the Mark 23 (KG) did not prompt me to boycott HK. ;)

Tony

#19 ·
Eh, don't worry about it. I have #300. It was a gift. I'll never shoot or sell it.

#32 ·
You can also find them popping up now and then in the classifieds. You can also find them on many other forums.

The search is the best part of finding one.

Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.