HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a P7M8 today. It looks to be in excellent original condition except for the rear sight which has been replaced with an MMC adjustable. Pics below.

Questions:
1) Are these MMC sights worth keeping? Seems they went out of business a ways back.

2) Are their any sources for a new, factory rear sight? Couldn't find an HK white-dot rear sight for the P7M8 browsing the web...

TIA,

Beuford

·
Priest of the P7
4,877 Posts
Dunno anything about that sight but look at Midwest gun works for a factory rear sight. A call to HK-USA might turn one up as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already checked Midwest, Midway, Brownell's, and a wide-ranging google search. Aftermarket night sights are available, but so far no factory white-dot rear sights. Numrich has some; they are not new and I don't think a fitted part should have already been fitted, but I'll try them as a last resort.

Thanks,

Beuford

·
Priest of the P7
4,877 Posts
Already checked Midwest, Midway, Brownell's, and a wide-ranging google search. Aftermarket night sights are available, but so far no factory white-dot rear sights. Numrich has some; they are not new and I don't think a fitted part should have already been fitted, but I'll try them as a last resort.

Thanks,

Beuford
Did you try calling HK cs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you try calling HK cs?
Not yet; I don't think they are open on the weekends...

Can anyone give an opinion on the viability of the MMC sights? Not much out there on them either; I'm hoping someone here is using them on a P7 and can comment on their functionality.

The small set screw on the MMC sight is somewhat concerning. If they will just fly off the gun at the range I'll wait until it is replaced before test firing.

Beuford

·
Maximum effort
816 Posts
Just go shoot it and see if you like the sights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts