HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys first post here so Hello from Central Texas!

On to my question. I was at a local gun store and saw a P7M8 in what appeared to be nickel. How do you know when it is actually nickel from the factory or something else like NP3? The gunshop owner was honest and said he didn't know. He wanted a little less then 1K, but it was a little rough. So I would be a little more inclined if I could verify it was a real nickel P7M8.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
596 Posts
There were some P7M8s nickled. Whether you are looking at one is another story. If I remember correctly the factory nickle had black sights, a black trigger and the box may be marked. They are rare, if it's the real deal then the price was good.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The factory nickel was a sickly yellow--and they had a tendency to peel. My carry P7 was one but I had it stripped and hard chromed about 9 years ago.

·
Registered
54 Posts
All factory P7 nickel guns I have heard of are date code 'KC'. As was already mentioned, they have a golden hue to them as opposed to the silver or gray that the chrome guns have. Factory nickel will have blued (or black looking) grip screws, take down button, and sights. If you take off the grips, almost all the innerds (springs, screws, etc.) are not nickeled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts