HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that these are becoming collectables, but since I'm after a "pretty one" (nickle + wood grips) I'm not too worried about what it'll be worth after my mods.

Picked up a used nickle-plated P7M8 and noticed that the cocker handle is still black. Since I'm going for a siliver/wood grip look, I need a silver cocking handle. How do people change them to silver, paint? I assume they're plastic, but it seems like the paint would rub off.

The real questions are:
1. Is the P7 cocking handle the same part as the P7M8 part?
2. Is the recoil spring (which I'd like to renew) the same between the two?

Thanks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
First the cocking part is steal not plastic. Two the spring is the same so yes. I would think the cocking piece is not the same but not positive you may want to check with the HKPro parts department or ask G3 on this sight. I never tried to swap it from one to another. The p7 psp doesn't have the ambi mag release like the m8 so it may be different.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I believe the P7M8 and the P7 (PSP) utilize two different cocking lever grips.

From what I am finding, the P7M8 uses part identification #222900 while the P7 (PSP) uses part identification #228324.

These part identification numbers were taken directly from the P7M13 Armorers Manual and P7 (PSP) Owners Manual (respectively).

Numrich appears to have both in stock for around $40.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First the cocking part is steal not plastic. Two the spring is the same so yes. I would think the cocking piece is not the same but not positive you may want to check with the HKPro parts department or ask G3 on this sight. I never tried to swap it from one to another. The p7 psp doesn't have the ambi mag release like the m8 so it may be different.
Ah, okay, thanks. In the pictures I've seen the cocker handle "looked" plastic-like. Hmmm, that changes things somewhat, as now I have to get only that one part coated. Probably the best thing to do is to wait until I have it in my possession to see if the rest of it needs replating or not, since the minimum charge may be about the same whether one part or several are done.

Good news on the recoil spring since it's probably good to replace it because it's got an unknown number of rounds through it.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You may not need to replace the spring if it is new from the dealer. What I mean by that is if it has yet not been transferred to anyone except the dealer from HK. Since the pistol has been imported, I'm sure HK went through the pistols before selling them to the public. Another words has been rehabbed. Then the dealer had the gun refinished. So no new rounds have been through the gun. That is if it wasn't in anyone's name prior to getting to you. Another words that would make you the 4th owner. The German police , HK, the dealer then you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest I have no idea on its history. I'm not the first owner - probably more like the third - so I don't know if it came from HK or the German police, or who nickel-plated it and when.

·
Registered
618 Posts
For a few buck hell with it change it to be on the safe side. Enjoy shooting it. It is a great pistol. It rates #1 in my book of pistols. Most accurate and compact thin to carry. I love the P7. It was my first HK and ever since I have been a fan. Be very careful once you take it home it doesn't stop multiplying. Mine had several children now totaling 7 and still breeding.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I asked the seller for what he could tell me on its history but don't hold out much hope of a complete "bio."

It's funny you mention having more than one... Haven't even received it yet (and having never shot one) I'm already keeping an eye out for... well, never mind.

If I wasn't in CA I'd be all over picking up a couple P7s... alas, I guess I should be happy that I can even get the P7M8...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts