HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased a P7M8 back in the late 1990's. Great gun.

I'd prefer to have sights that have the point of aim at the top of the sights. I'm looking for replacement sights that are more suitable for shooting a 6" target at 25 yards. (The existing sights are difficult for me to hit the target since the sights cover the target completely.) In case you are wondering why ... I live on Oahu and we have only 1 public range. The shortest distance at the range is 25 yards, 5 rounds max, slow fire only, etc. At that distance and with those rules I enjoy working on my accuracy.

Does anyone know of replacement sights that would be more suitable for target shooting?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking for sight suggestions

Hey all,
Thought I'd bump this one. I'm still looking for more precise sights for the P7.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think MMC was the only company that made adjustable sights for the P7-series but I think they've been out of business for a few years now. Five rounds max as in only load five in the mag? What a weird rule.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both for your reply. Yes, 5 rounds per mag. We have strict gun laws out here. I'm used to it now... But, I do miss shooting on open land on the mainland.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, I found it but a google search. I must have used a different search string.

Anyway, I have an email into LPA to see the width of the notch and post. I'll update with the results. I prefer a sight picture that has decent light bars on the sides.

Later,
Dave

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...otherwise if you wanted to save the money, you could just file down your front sight ever so slightly then check your POA/POI. Do this a couple of times filing off a minimal amount until you reach your desired POA/POI, then simply paint the filed sight satin black or re-blue it. Some people consider this to be a hassle tho and others don't want to "ruin" their factory sights. If you're competent tho, it's pretty easy and does the trick.
Those adjustables would look pretty righteous tho on a P7 I must say!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hi, I found it but a google search. I must have used a different search string.

Anyway, I have an email into LPA to see the width of the notch and post. I'll update with the results. I prefer a sight picture that has decent light bars on the sides.

Later,
Dave
Have you heard back from LPA? I emailed them as well to see which model P7 these sights fit and have not heard anything back at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts