HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out running some errands just now and decided to stop by Gander Mountain and check out the used gun counter, since I was driving right by there anyway. You never know what you're going to find; last year at this store I found a nearly perfect P9S that I helped Landpimp buy (still kicking myself for that, should have bought it myself, it was a steal).

I nearly shat myself when I saw a P7M8 marked $704.99

It looked pretty good three shelves down, although it was hard to see it well, nestled between a beat up 1911 and a more beat up BHP, but I figured it was gonna be pretty beat, but still the price was really right unless it was maybe broken.

As the clerk handed it to me to inspect, my eyes locked in laser like on the similarly laser like, precision engraving of Chantilly, VA on the slide...

At this point I started to sweat and feel faint. It was kind of hard to inspect the gun through the tears filling my eyes, but I was able to discern that this particular gun appears to never have been fired. The gas piston is pristine and looks to maybe have a little factory oil on it, all surfaces are pristine, there are no scratches or any dirt on the magazine or anything else.

I croaked out "I'll buy this", trying to sound nonchalant, but I think the salesman kind of got the idea once I started giggling uncontrollably as he was filling out the paperwork.

The gun counter manager came over to check the paperwork and I crossed my fingers and asked him politely if maybe they might have the factory box that came with the gun. He got a puzzled look on his face but said he'd go and look in the back and see what he could find. I told him exactly what the box should look like, and lo and behold he walked back out two minutes later with an unblemished factory box with the correct serial number, manual, extra magazine, and cleaning tools. I think he was a little worried when my knees buckled at the sight of it, but he pretended not to notice. The previous owner had written the serial number and the date that he bought the pistol and his initials on the cover of the manual: 10/31/88

So I'm standing there about to keel over, still giggling uncontrollably, and as the counter guy rings it up he says to me "you want to be even more happy? The actual price is $649.99, we just hadn't marked it down yet on the tag!"

I have a bump on my forehead from hitting the edge of the counter when I fainted right then, but otherwise it was a good little side trip.

Pics in a little while, after my eyes start to focus again...

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is amazing. We have a new Gander Mountain that just opened this week. They had a used P7M8 for $1699. They also had a used USP 45 TAC for $1299. I do not forsee buying any guns from them new or used. Overall they were 15-20% higher than a local shop on new guns.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Congratulations, I feel your joy. The same thing happened to me in the Fredericksburg, Virginia Gander Mtn. There I found a perfect P7 PSP complete with all accesories and four, count them, four magazines for the "jump back" price of $550. Sometimes life is good. :D

G

·
Very nice p7...btw did they come with that green foam or did you put that in there? you do not have to answer this if you do not want to but by any chance was that on minnesota. someone else on the list here bought one from cabela's...i'am going there tomorrow and they have grade "A's" for 779.00 and i think they give you a 150.00 back for store credit. i already have 2 of them but i think it might be a good investment down the road.
thats why i picked up 3 p7m8 hk sidearms...the last 231 made i believe according to hk customer service...2 of my p7m8 are consecutive numbers.
i will never shoot these and they will just sit in the safe for a few years...

thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A couple quick photos.

EDIT: that mark on the right side of the slide near the muzzle is a smudge. I just wiped it off! :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am crying worse than Peyton Manning right now!!!! And they are not tears of joy........

I hate mASS. :40:

Congrats!!!!!!:640:

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
It's great to hear someone fall into a wonderful deal on an amazing firearm!!! Congrat's and enjoy it!! Thanks for the great photo, now with the $$$ you saved on the P7M8 go out and buy yourself a decient HK knife!! lol TJ

·
Registered
472 Posts
YOWZA!!!!

That's a great story and a beautiful gun to boot. Congrats on a great find.
BTW, does your board name hint that you're from the U.P.?

Regards;

ARKAY

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's great to hear someone fall into a wonderful deal on an amazing firearm!!! Congrat's and enjoy it!! Thanks for the great photo, now with the $$$ you saved on the P7M8 go out and buy yourself a decient HK knife!! lol TJ

LOL I was wondering if someone would comment on my knife!

ARKAY: yes, I'm in Marquette

:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
sweet pistol and an even sweeter price...jealous!...:D
Bill

·
2,832 Posts
great score Yooper.....that aint no refurb or ex police gun but a sweet Chantilly M8.....love that store.....:)

the P9s that Yooper previously found(and I ended up with) at the same store was a 45 Target like new for $800 :) that was my 1st P9s......loved it so much ended up with 10 of them ;)

see good deeds do come back to you :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts