HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying one, has been on my want list ever since a purchased my M13, that was a long time ago. If the HK45 doesn't get bought first. Anyway, I have seen them (M8) at the gun shows and on gunbroker for around $800. Prices seem kind of low, compared to what I am used to seeing for these. Are they some kind of police trade in's or refurbs? Just seeing what all of you know....thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Thinking about buying one, has been on my want list ever since a purchased my M13, that was a long time ago. If the HK45 doesn't get bought first. Anyway, I have seen them (M8) at the gun shows and on gunbroker for around $800. Prices seem kind of low, compared to what I am used to seeing for these. Are they some kind of police trade in's or refurbs? Just seeing what all of you know....thanks.
If they're at $800, they're not M8s. They are simply P7s, most are police tradeins, and have been refurbished. They are graded A, B, and C, but supposedly that is based on internal condition not external. There were many B grade examples that had like new external finishes. They hold 8 in the magazine as well, but are not M8s. They differ from the M8s in that there is no heat shield above the trigger guard, and the mag release is at the heel of the mag well, not up by the trigger guard as on true P7M8s. Many of the ones on Gunbroker have PSP in the title, but they technically are not. True PSPs have "PSP" engraved on the slides.

The lowest price I've seen recently on a true M8 was $900 for one on Gunsamerica. I bought it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guy's I just ordered my first H&K, a P7 German police trade in. My local dealer is bringing them in soon. I should get to pick mine so what should I be looking for and what should I be afraid of ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The P7M8 is the better pistol for range time. 50rds in a psp and she's cookin. It will take about 200 in the M8, before she realy starts getting hot. If you plan on carring it the psp is the better P7. Bacause of mag release. I have a clip draw on the slide, and tuck it in. No danger of mag being released.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts