HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a police trade in P7 psp a while agoI absolutely love the gun it's been 100% reliable it's my go to rig for CCW, but noticed something the other night, I was slowly walking the slide forward and just before 1/2 to battery I felt a "tight" spot, the slide hangs a little.... my question is is this normal, does any one else notice this on their gun? Like I said the gun functions fine so I'm not very worried about it more curious.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm surprised you can even walk your slide forward. Mine is so stiff, it's a chore involving the push-pull technique, made more difficult by the ridiculous positioning of the slide catch button, to even rack it back.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm surprised you can even walk your slide forward. Mine is so stiff, it's a chore involving the push-pull technique, made more difficult by the ridiculous positioning of the slide catch button, to even rack it back.
the slide lock is in the PERFECT place. if you think otherwise, your using the slide removal button as the slide catch. look at your manual

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PSP has a slide catch? please educate me because I've been using an empty mag to lock the slide back on mine??

·
Registered
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
the slide lock is in the PERFECT place. if you think otherwise, your using the slide removal button as the slide catch. look at your manual
You are seriously being ridiculous here. Of course I know where it is, it's not as if the take-down button is going to catch the slide. You honestly think that placing the slide catch in a recess behind the trigger is a good place? It's awkward and hard to press if you have large hands. Maybe your delicate lady fingers do a better job, I have no idea.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You are seriously being ridiculous here.... it's not as if the take-down button is going to catch the slide...
The take-down button can indeed catch the slide - when I first got mine I actually thought that the take-down button was the slide-catch, and wondered why it was so sensitive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The take-down button can indeed catch the slide - when I first got mine I actually thought that the take-down button was the slide-catch, and wondered why it was so sensitive.
What? My takedown button doesn't do anything but allow me to lift the slide up and off the frame as I partially pull the slide back. If the slide is locked back, it won't release it.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Not on a PSP, No slide catch. But I will check the gas tube need to pick up a scraper, Thank you!
What, again? The slide catch is the detent on the left side of the pistol right behind the trigger that you push in towards the grip while simultaneously pulling the slide back to lock the slide in place.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Kabob, the slide catch is perfect. You don't have to push hard on the button. It will not compress until the slide is fully cocked back. With just a little bit of pressure the burgundy will POP into place. No need for girl hands. Just common sense. If the gun is so terrible for you to operate properly, maybe you should sell it and buy 2 or 3 glocks.

Left hand on slide right hand on grip, right thumb resting on button with little pressure, CLICK. Done. No need to comment on someone's hands, weather they have girly hands or massive paws. Just zip it and play with your gun some more until you are 100% confident of how you work your defensive tool.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I agree not much pressure required, but it is still hard to get leverage into that small slot when you have large thumbs. It probably gets more comfortable with practice. Regardless, it's not terribly difficult and not a deal breaker. Just poorly designed.

Take a page out of your own book and stop being so condescending. You sound like the same counter jockey at Bass Pro that wouldn't believe me when I told him the beavertail on my P238 was rubbing the skin completely off the base of my thumb because him and his friend didn't experience it. All of his two people's experience vs an actual scar on my thumb.

I guess you've never heard of YMMV, either, huh?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
WOW!! That is amazing..... just found it, always thought it was just part of the gun not a lever it blends right in. Thank you for your patients (patience i mean) kabob. I do feel a little dumb though....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts