HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Ya'll, I'm new to this board, but not new to HK arms. I got into them in the early 80's and had the entire pre-ban line for about 10 years. Then I sold it all off and retired from arms for 20 years. Now, I'm back in the market to rebuild my collection. There's only one maker of guns I'd risk my life with ..... HK.

Now for the reason I'm writing today. I just bought a nice P9S 45 off GB and upon receiving it noticed a rattle when I shook it. Hmmmm. never had a rattle in any of my previous guns. So I took the grip off and found it was missing the left side elbow spring that holds up the cocking lever. I wrote the person that sold it to me and they knew nothing about a missing spring. The story I got was the previous owner sent the gun to HK in 3/2005 (receipt from HK to prove it) to have the grip screws recessed and after it's return put it in the safe until it was sold. Not sure what to believe .... HK lost the spring at the factory when working on it ( the work order says they test fired it) or the owner lost it after it's return. Either way .... it is very noticeable if you ever handled a P9S.

Bottom line ... the gun is worthless without the spring. can't find on for sale on the net .... so does anyone know where I could have one made?

Rgds,

Never Better

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Checkmate!! This is a awesome parts store. Found the spring and ordered several. It was a different part # from either the P9S 9 or P9S 45 manual ..... but they had it. I have been racking my brain in search of this item. THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to be of help. Enjoy the pistol !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts