HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mid-winter in Canada means not as much time at the range and cabin-fever induced gun quests. This year I was on the hunt for a P9S Sport/Target and unexpectedly uncovered a P9S Target in .45ACP of all things. The pictures the buyer sent showed that it was in pretty good shape, as it had barely been fired. When it showed up, though, it looked literally new. I was amazed! I've owned a couple of 9mm P9S Combats in the past and I think I prefer the semi-polished and matte blued finish of the slide to this one, but it's in such nice shape I don't mind at all. To top it off, there are three extra recoil buffers (I already had two) and a neat leather briefcase-style case. With the trigger-stop raised the trigger pull is absolutely amazing–even better that I was guessing. I need to check the recoil buffer and then get it to the range (once the snow melts a bit more)!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Nice score. That case is very neat. I've never seen one like that.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That case is AWESOME! Great find. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sick find! If you removed the HK logo from the case, could've fooled me for a high dollar planner.

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Very nice find! I really like the case.

If you don't mind me asking and all of us knowing, what does a fine P9s as that go for in Canada?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is way under the US market.
They're exceptionally rare here. I frequent the biggest Canadian gun forum and in the 13 years I've been a member I don't ever recall seeing a .45 P9S Target offered for sale in the buy/sell forum. Even regular P9S are uncommon. I almost went for a 9mm Sport/Target but as the previous owner had passed away finding out specific details on its history would be impossible. It was not in as nice a shape, either.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
someone was selling that exact same case on eBay a couple of years back...this might be that same one:). i thought it was fake so i didn't bid on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
someone was selling that exact same case on eBay a couple of years back...this might be that same one:). i thought it was fake so i didn't bid on it.
The previous owner did mention that the case was not original to the gun so that could have been it. I hadn't realized how uncommon the cases are–I was just happy to have a neat 1970s-style case for the pistol.

·
Maximum effort
830 Posts
A guy I know in Germany has a P7 case like that.

IMG_2151-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The previous owner did mention that the case was not original to the gun so that could have been it. I hadn't realized how uncommon the cases are–I was just happy to have a neat 1970s-style case for the pistol.
so that was him who won it on eBay i few years back. it sold for less than a $50...probably $45. either way, great find and congrats:)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
great score on a beautiful pistol!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts