HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the frame on a P9S 9mm smaller than on the .45 frame like in the USP series? I just bought a .45 Target, but there is a crack in the grip and Numrich only has the new grip for replacement listed for the 9mm. If I order the 9mm grip will it fit on my new .45?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is the frame on a P9S 9mm smaller than on the .45 frame like in the USP series? I just bought a .45 Target, but there is a crack in the grip and Numrich only has the new grip for replacement listed for the 9mm. If I order the 9mm grip will it fit on my new .45?
I'm positive that they are the exact same size. For example, if you were to buy a Nill (http://www.nill-griffe.com/) grip for your P9S, you don't have to specify the caliber of the pistol.

·
1,279 Posts
actaully the 45 barrel is a "tiny" bit bigger diameter than the 9mm, i have a match weight and it was a VERY tight fit to get it on the 45, but on the 9mm it slid right on.
you are correct, sir! It's such a small difference.

Which reminds me of the time we were thinking about making extended .45 barrels using generic .45 barrel stock turned down to the proper diameter and pressed into a 9mm trunion. There are plenty of extra 9mm std barrels around as a donor for the trunion.

A lot of work, but less expensive and simpler than finding a hunter barrel and cutting it down for threading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.