HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the frame on a P9S 9mm smaller than on the .45 frame like in the USP series? I just bought a .45 Target, but there is a crack in the grip and Numrich only has the new grip for replacement listed for the 9mm. If I order the 9mm grip will it fit on my new .45?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is the frame on a P9S 9mm smaller than on the .45 frame like in the USP series? I just bought a .45 Target, but there is a crack in the grip and Numrich only has the new grip for replacement listed for the 9mm. If I order the 9mm grip will it fit on my new .45?
I'm positive that they are the exact same size. For example, if you were to buy a Nill (http://www.nill-griffe.com/) grip for your P9S, you don't have to specify the caliber of the pistol.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Sure it´s lighter, it´s got a bigger hole in it :D

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
Very true.

The 9mm barrel has the same outside diameter as the 9mm barrel, so the 9mm barrel a lot heavier... becaus eit has abigger hole. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
actaully the 45 barrel is a "tiny" bit bigger diameter than the 9mm, i have a match weight and it was a VERY tight fit to get it on the 45, but on the 9mm it slid right on.

Very true.

The 9mm barrel has the same outside diameter as the 9mm barrel, so the 9mm barrel a lot heavier... becaus eit has abigger hole. :D

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
If you haven't already pull up the Nill grips and look at them they are beautiful. A tad on the pricey side but very pretty.

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
actaully the 45 barrel is a "tiny" bit bigger diameter than the 9mm, i have a match weight and it was a VERY tight fit to get it on the 45, but on the 9mm it slid right on.
you are correct, sir! It's such a small difference.

Which reminds me of the time we were thinking about making extended .45 barrels using generic .45 barrel stock turned down to the proper diameter and pressed into a 9mm trunion. There are plenty of extra 9mm std barrels around as a donor for the trunion.

A lot of work, but less expensive and simpler than finding a hunter barrel and cutting it down for threading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts