HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How rare are these? I've been wanting one but searching for one is proving futile.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Saw a nice one last week a tthe gun show, guy was asking $1400, gun and 2 mags, nothing else with it. Looked like the sites needed to be touched up and that was it.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,431 Posts
Keep our eye on Gun Broker. They come up less often than the 9mm versions, but you'll find them. You just need to be patient and have the cash ready to purchase, especially if they are price low. Do an advanced search and you can see what recent auctions have closed at.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep our eye on Gun Broker. They come up less often than the 9mm versions, but you'll find them. You just need to be patient and have the cash ready to purchase, especially if they are price low. Do an advanced search and you can see what recent auctions have closed at.
Thanks man! I did that yesterday and found one that has been relisted several times in the $1300-$1400 range.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,431 Posts
Besides finding one that hadn't been "rode hard and put away wet", try and find one that comes with extra mags and a holster. The mags are rare and demand big money. A few companies still make the holsters, but the are getting harder to find each year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Besides finding one that hadn't been "rode hard and put away wet", try and find one that comes with extra mags and a holster. The mags are rare and demand big money. A few companies still make the holsters, but the are getting harder to find each year.
Ain't that the truth.
I went on a tear trying to buy P9s holsters. (and to think, I used to give my sister grief over buying purses and shoes. now she greets me with "get a new holster lately"?)
Anyway, I only like holsters that are leather and purpose built to fit ONE pistol. One size fits 20 doesn't do it for me. Because they don't fit.
I've been lucky enough to find and buy 6 or 7 good holsters for the P9s, but there is one thing that I have never seen in any of the descriptions. A holster that is closely fitted to a combat model will NOT readily accommodate a target model because of the shorter sight channel. (target sights are taller) They will work if you are willing to accept finish wear on the front sight and ripped leather in the sight channel.
Luckily, I have one of each pistol, so I'll keep buying as long as I keep finding.
I've been saying it for almost 30 years, so I might as well say it again: my .45 Target P9s is the slickest and most accurate pistol that I have ever fired.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
short story about P9s. I was an FFL dealer in the early 80's, not a retail dealer but friends, family and LEO's. A deputy I knew wanted 2 P9s
.45's. They were $500ish which was ALOT back then IMO and I did not understand why he wanted TWO of those crappy new fangled "plastic" framed
pistols. Ahh........ now I wish I would have known better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Quote Marine0303: " You should try it suppressed."

That's a sweet ride right there, but I can't be pissed for the paperwork. When I want the extra "fun factor", I just install the 8" hunter barrel. Even the Trekkies are all grins after seeing it. (and pleasantly dumbfounded after shooting it)

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,431 Posts
Quote Marine0303: " You should try it suppressed."

That's a sweet ride right there, but I can't be pissed for the paperwork. When I want the extra "fun factor", I just install the 8" hunter barrel. Even the Trekkies are all grins after seeing it. (and pleasantly dumbfounded after shooting it)
Yeah, very nice. When I shoot mine at open ranges, they always draw lots of attention. Many people have never even seen a P9S.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to thank you for your advice. I found just that!

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,431 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts