HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a P9S noob, and just picked up a .45 Target. I have a few questions. Is the hammer supposed to cam back on single action? I had assumed the hammer would be fully cocked and the trigger would just be tripping this sear this point. Also, the trigger overtravel stop goes so far forward that the trigger is blocked and can't do anything. Is this part supposed to be fitted/filed down? I'm confused... please help!

Kevin

·
Registered
443 Posts
The hammer should stay back. If the hammer is following the slide, you need to adjust the sear screw.
With the trigger over travel up you will only be able to fire single action. Not enough travel for double action.
Remove the slide. Cock the hammer. Rotate screw clockwise till hammer snaps. Back out half a turn. Reassemble. If the hammer still follows, back the screw out more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It also depends which trigger overtravel set up you have. Some I have seen are not adjustable and you would need to buy another plastic trigger guard if you want to shoot double action.
A picture would be great unless you see the adjustability on your own.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hammer isn't following. It is cocking further back with the single action trigger pull. Kinda like a CZ75. I'll need to post a video...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some short videos showing the hammer action in SA mode and the trigger overtravel stop.

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qfukazblvtjgxr/AACOKOLmASwyR-4F2Pz-iSyPa?dl=0[/video]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, but then the overtravel stop doesn't do anything at all. I'm thinking something's not right if it can only be "off" or stop all functionality.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I'm in contact with him via PM.

Also, I saw a youtube video of the P9S in SA mode, and the hammer definitely doesn't move backward at any point in the SA trigger stroke, and it looks like the trigger stays forward of the overtravel stop. I wonder if the prior owner put it back together wrong. Regardless, I definitely know that something is amiss...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts