HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a p9s 9mm, What is the general thought on these guns? What parts should i worry about and are they hard to find? How do they compare to the p7 ?

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
The P9S is a very nice pistol, superb accuracy, and hard to come by in either caliber. If you can afford it, you wont be disappointed after you shoot it! :)
Get as many magazines as you can afford too - they are not cheap, and are a little hard to locate, but they are out there.

My all time favorite H&K pistol is the P9S .45 Target

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be the price ranges of these type of pistols ?

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I saw a real nice used P9S 9mm Combat (fixed sights) recently for $575, and a NIB P9S .45 Target (adjustable sights) for as high as $2900 (yes I know thats insanely high). Also seen LNIB P9S .45 Target for $1400. A great price for a P9S .45 Target might be around $1200, a guy here on the forums a few months ago bagged a LNIB P9S .45 Target for I think $595.

·
2,832 Posts
always check the buffer on any P9s, I replace the buffer regardless of what it looks like.

the P9s is my FAVORITE pistol, they are just a amazing gun, SUPER accruate, low recoil and the nicest trigger(SA) that you(or at l) have ever felt. I prefer them to the P7 but the are different.

for a used german police gun(lots of these came in last few years), 9mm combat, $600-750, for a HK import(SAKO or HK Arlington, Chatilly) I would say a bit more, maybe another $100, but I have 3 of the ex police guns and all 3 were like new. If you find a 9mm target(seems to be few around) you may pay up to $1100-1200, maybe even a bit more

45 target, $1000-1400
45 combats$1000-1400

prices assume 2 mags, box, manual

if you can find the 9mm target, 45 target, 45 combat for under 1K grab it!

seems to me the 9mm targets and 45 combats are the ones thay dont' turn up alot.

Oddly I have found the 9mm/45 combats to be as good or better shooters(accuracy and trigger) then the target models(these get adjustable trigger, trigger stop and adjustable sights)

bought 6 P9s this year.......told ya I liked them :D

9mm combats, $550-650
45 targets, $800 and $1100
45 combat, $1100

there is also the Sprot Groups........those go MUCH higher

mags, $60-85, seen some over $100

you will not be disapointed in the P9s

·
Registered
11 Posts
How can a P9S lay person tell the difference between a combat and a target version. I have a P9S, 9mm, white front sight, orange rear sights. Any help?
Thanks

·
2,832 Posts
combats(both 9 and 45) have fixed sights, all front sights I have seen are white, rears are red, orange and yellow

targets have adjustable sights(tall front sight,black rear), adjustable trigger stop(would be hard to see, look for small screw are rear of trigger guard) and adjustable sear/trigger(single action)

AFAIK you cant put the target sights on a fixed sight P9s

How can a P9S lay person tell the difference between a combat and a target version. I have a P9S, 9mm, white front sight, orange rear sights. Any help?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How about the wonderful price of $ 550.00. First new scarpa ski boots $80.00 now this, Looks like 2007 will be a good year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The P9S above is a combat model. You can tell by the following:
Rear sight is adjustable
There is small screw on the rear of the trigger guard that allows you convert to SA only by adjusting the overtravel on the trigger.

Both shoot d*&mn fine!

And, the combat is a GREAT platform for a suppressor. The 9mm barrel is thick enough to cut back and install a thread adaptor.

·
2,832 Posts
your right its a combat........but your discribing a target(its not)

actaully find I like the combats over the targets

The P9S above is a combat model. You can tell by the following:
Rear sight is adjustable
There is small screw on the rear of the trigger guard that allows you convert to SA only by adjusting the overtravel on the trigger.

Both shoot d*&mn fine!

And, the combat is a GREAT platform for a suppressor. The 9mm barrel is thick enough to cut back and install a thread adaptor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whee.......for a guy trying to learn Wharf Rat had me wondering what was going on. Thanks Landpimp!!! You set the record straight.

Checkmate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
WELL , WELL, WELL . I HAD NO IDEA, NO IDEA. THIS COULD BECOME A PROBLEM. FIRST P7 NOW P9. WOW ! :2500000: Now tell me how to get out the buffer without destroying it

·
2,832 Posts
remove the slide.

At the front of the slide you will see the buffer housing and buffer suport. there is a screw at the top and one at the bottom(countersunk) of the buffer suport, these 2 screws screw into each other. You need to hold the bottom screw(with screwdriver) while unscrewing the top screw(or visa versa), if these have never been out they are held in with locktight(or something like that) from the factory. Makes sure you use the correct size bits, these are sorta soft screws.Once out, the bottom/countersunk screw will not just fall out, I usally just press it out from the top with something. Once out, the housing and suport will probably need a bit of fiddling with to get it out, the suport needs to come off towards the front and up, once out, remove housing, try tapping the housing upside down to get buffer out......if not working use a detal pick or similar to remove it.

Replacement is the opposite, but with a new buffer the housing and suport are going to be a tight fit, you need to keep some good downward presure on the suport and housing when putting the CS screw and the upper screw back together or they will not line up.

its really much easier than I made it sound like.

good to look at the parts before taking apart 1st time, if you don't have the manual this helps
http://www.e-gunparts.com/images/schematic/1570zP9S9.jpg

yell if ya got a problem

WELL , WELL, WELL . I HAD NO IDEA, NO IDEA. THIS COULD BECOME A PROBLEM. FIRST P7 NOW P9. WOW ! :2500000: Now tell me how to get out the buffer without destroying it

·
Registered
53 Posts
UPDATE ><

I see it's been a little over a year, Good GOD this is a wonderful little "tool" the best iv'e ever shot. Can we please have some more, (the pp7 ploy has yet to work). Do i really need two? Ok Yes i should or three. yet can we have some more p9s please! :27000000: WELL WELL WELL LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER POWDER DAY! YOU CAN SEE IV'E GOT MANY versons of my self. 2008s LOOKING LIKE A GREAT START TOO.

·
Registered
89 Posts
These guns rule. I think they are my favorite handgun of all time.

As far as the trigger goes, I have a short and funny story. I was at the range a couple weeks ago with my P9S. I'm still an amateur when it comes to handguns, so I'm still in the experimenting stage and trying to find the grip I prefer. While I was trying different grip styles to see the effect it had on my accuracy, I tried holding my P9S just a bit more loose than normal (not loose per se, just not hard). Basically, when I fired it resulted in what I thought was a two round burst. It turns out I inadvertently double tapped the gun. The deal was that with my slightly loose grip on it, the gun shifted ever so slightly to the rear on ejection and then as the slide slammed home it shifted back forward. This rocking motion and because I only pulled the trigger a few millimeters past the breaking point, caused the gun to reach the reset point and when rocking back forward the trigger hit my finger subsequently reaching the breaking point again. The trigger is THAT good. Is there a measurable trigger weight for "you look at it wrong and it goes off it's so light"? ;) j/k

1 - 20 of 21 Posts