HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an open carry/range holster for my USP9f. I have seen advertised in quite a few places that the same holster will fit any USP, regardless of caliber and size. Is this true?

Feel free to point me in a good direction also. THanks

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
9mm and .40SW take the same holster, .45 is a larger animal though. Compacts will certainly work in full-sized holsters, altough a full-sized gun may not fit in a compact holster due to it being often (at least partially) enclosed at the muzzle. Slides accomodates compats and fulls alike. If You want a paddle holster, Comp-tac is one of best buys around here IMHO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is there a cheaper alternative to the compac? Fobus?
Fobus is probably the cheapest you can get but if you look around enough, I'm sure you'll find better made holsters selling used for a good price. Check out BladeTech. I actually own 2 Fobus paddles holsters and have not had any issues with them. The difference is the Fobus is basically plastic while other brands use kydex which is stronger.

·
Registered
69 Posts
www.Gunnersalley.com This site has a good selection of various brands of holsters. Take a look at G-Code kydex paddle for USP. I have two and I am very happy with them.........Welcome aboard:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
www.Gunnersalley.com This site has a good selection of various brands of holsters. Take a look at G-Code kydex paddle for USP. I have two and I am very happy with them.........Welcome aboard:)
I had a G-Code holster that was made for an XD9 but wouldn't fit correctly for my XD40. It was extremely tight for my XD40 and I don't really understand why unless that particular holster is gun specific. The quality was very nice though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is there a cheaper alternative to the compac? Fobus?
Fobus is cheaper, primarily because they're crap.

I have personally ripped Fobus paddle holsters off of people's belts (the paddle breaks quite easily) and ripped their belt holsters apart.

Now, I will grant this wasn't my idea and I should not be credited with discovering the weakness in their design and materials. I simply tried it for myself after seeing a police training video.

I wouldn't consider using their holsters for any serious purpose. They may perform adequately as dog chew toys, however.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use a Wild Bills Fusion Paddle Holster. It rides very high and close, good for concealment. I feel it is very well made for the money. I carry my P2000 in it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
+1
Go with a quality holster to use with your quality weapon
Comp-Tac is the best IMO.
Fobus is absolutely junk. You get what you pay for. I prefer a good leather holster personally

1 - 10 of 10 Posts