HKPRO Forums banner
141 - 160 of 166 Posts
I'll post new pictures tomorrow when i get pictures of the USP as well.

Its just testors enamel white paint.....

So I painted the gun, it looked great, but a couple days later i cleaned the gun with some break free cleaner and it removed all of he paint! No big deal i could always repaint, but is there a different cleaner you guys would recommend?

I use duplicolor automotive touch up pens from autozone. they work great roll the ball point around push down a little and watch the paint flow. when all letters are done lay blue masking tape over the top peel it off and excess paint sticks to the tape. twice if necessary done.

I've been trying for the pass hour to paint my lettering with not being happy about how it looks. So I'm waiting for the last try if it doesnt work. I aint gonna do it again. I quit!!!

Hello, let me describe how I do painting. First of all letters must be cleaned and degreased. than you can just wipe them with your finger. trick is that letter stays degreased inside but the paint you apply will not hold well on the surface because of finger prints and you can easily remove it. You may skip this part but it works for me. The paint I use for many years is from Revell, for painting of aircraft models. It or its equivalent will have plenty of colors and types to choose from. Than I just apply paint on the whole surface with the q tip. wait for a 10-15 seconds and just wipe it off and start polishing the surface with fingers. paint stays inside the letters but finger removes all unnecessary paint. be careful not to touch weapon because the paint from your fingers will be all over it. the tip is not to overhold paint on the gun.Than it will be more difficult to remove it.

I am sure there will be plenty of solutions like special grease, patches and etc. but this is the most efficient and quick method to do a paint job for your gun.

and here is my latest gun, HK Expert. Two small cans of revell paint for couple bucks, two q tips, and two small patches. 10 minutes and the results are excellent.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Go to Target to the Nailpolish section.
They have Nailpolish pens that women use for decorative designs on their nails.
They have a very, very fine tip/point on them.
This is what I use. Works extremely well. Also great for touching up front sights/rear sights. I have a white nailpolish pen and a red nailpolish pen.
Target has them. Walmart does not.

So what is best used for removed the paint. In the forum people say they are using non acetone nail polish remover or brake fluid? I don't want to ruin my gun
I used the nail polish remover and it didn't have any ill effects. If anything it faded the serial number/date code a little. Although that may be just from holstering. Put a small piece of electrical tape over your serial and you should be fine.

141 - 160 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.