HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the feature of the PSG1 palm shelf its grip. I sometimes have a tendency of my left hand almost slipping off the grip, (I'm a lefty). My hands are a bit too large for the OEM grip on the 556. I thought about stippling but I think a great solution is a palm shelf like the PSG1. What's a good shelf grip for the 556?

signed:
Desperately Seeking Traction:wink:

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Towerdog, the MR556 grip was designed for hand placement nearly at the bottom of the grip, not the top as one would traditionally grip a firearm. This was by design in conjunction with the convex buttpad on the 416 for high-shouldering or chest-shouldering so that the operators grip was in a more natural vertical position. Additionally, the sharper angle was thought to provide a more comfortable transition for subgun operators.

How does that equate to the MR556? Because the comfort of the of the low-grip design was also effective while sharp-shooting, it was felt that this grip offered the most versatility.

After trying different methods of using the grip it has begun to grow on me, slowly, although it is not for everyone.

Another option is a Nill grip. Nill is the OEM for the PSG1 grip and they also make the one that was featured on the MR762 at SHOT and shown on the MR556 accessories page in the HK catalog. They are expensive.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Towerdog, the MR556 grip was designed for hand placement nearly at the bottom of the grip, not the top as one would traditionally grip a firearm. This was by design in conjunction with the convex buttpad on the 416 for high-shouldering or chest-shouldering so that the operators grip was in a more natural vertical position. Additionally, the sharper angle was thought to provide a more comfortable transition for subgun operators.

How does that equate to the MR556? Because the comfort of the of the low-grip design was also effective while sharp-shooting, it was felt that this grip offered the most versatility.

After trying different methods of using the grip it has begun to grow on me, slowly, although it is not for everyone.

Another option is a Nill grip. Nill is the OEM for the PSG1 grip and they also make the one that was featured on the MR762 at SHOT and shown on the MR556 accessories page in the HK catalog. They are expensive.
This is the one you need. +$30 for the optional Black Lacquered finish.

AR113W8
Those are beautiful grips but are awfully expensive.
Thx guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts