HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

will czech parachute flares work in a HK P2A1 ?

I don't have any yet and just wanted to make sure...

Thanks!

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,738 Posts
Have never tried it. If you are that worried, rig the launcher in a rest or vise and pull the trigger with a string. Make sure to yell out "Ya'll stand back. I'm not sure what this is gonna do!"

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have never tried it. If you are that worried, rig the launcher in a rest or vise and pull the trigger with a string. Make sure to yell out "Ya'll stand back. I'm not sure what this is gonna do!"
Yeah, that's a possiblity!
Just thought others might have already used parachute flares in their P2A1 and could give me some input. But since the Geco flare launcher and the P2A1 have the same barrel length, all should be good...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ive fired several hundred para flares as well as fin stabilized hi-altitude flares out of P2A1's. (I was a demo shooter for HK in the eighties) they gobble them up easily. These were all produced by Fiestal, GMBH., but if your Czech flares are 26.5mm they should also be fine. Just realize the propellant is most likely black powder and you need to clean the launcher accordingly.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive fired several hundred para flares as well as fin stabilized hi-altitude flares out of P2A1's. (I was a demo shooter for HK in the eighties) they gobble them up easily. These were all produced by Fiestal, GMBH., but if your Czech flares are 26.5mm they should also be fine. Just realize the propellant is most likely black powder and you need to clean the launcher accordingly.
Great, thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts