HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone know when the Park Police acquired the P7M13? Many thanks!

Cheers

HANS

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Would someone know when the Park Police acquired the P7M13? Many thanks!

Cheers

HANS
The US Park Police started buying P7M8's and P7M13's in the late 1980's and continued buying new ones for classes up until the later 1990's early 2000's. The first few buys were rather large (300-500 units) to get the entire force outfitted. After that they bought smaller @ 50 unit batches for new officer classes at FLETC. The USPP guns were engraved by HK with "USPP" and a property number on both the slide and frame and most were phospate finished. Some were done at the factory in Oberndorf and some in the US depending on the timeframe they were required. The P7 was very popular with USPP officers and many were retired with their officers, and some later sold by the officer. Some preferred the smaller M8 grip which is why both were purchased.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks G3Kurz. Can you be more specific as to the start of service? I believe it may have been as early as 1986, but would like to know for sure. The P7-series was dropped by the Park Police in 2004, I think, but there too I would like to be certain. Thanks!

Cheers

HANS

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Thanks G3Kurz. Can you be more specific as to the start of service? I believe it may have been as early as 1986, but would like to know for sure. The P7-series was dropped by the Park Police in 2004, I think, but there too I would like to be certain. Thanks!

Cheers

HANS
1986 sounds about right but I did not start there until Jan 1986.
Dropped? Not sure when that was. In 2004 some still carried it I believe but it might have been a phased replacement. By that time I was out of federal LE sales and handling military only.
G3Kurz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts