HKPRO Forums banner

Parkerized color: traditional or "aged"?

• Traditonal grey/charcoal parkerizing

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Current "aged" or "vintage" parkerzing

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 5 11.4%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you probably have noticed, the parkerizing color of our metal parts is not the traditional grey/charcoal but rather more of the "aged" greenish-bronze to give the appearance of a well-preserved, several decade old firearm. This has been somewhat of a Dakota Tactical "signature" over the years but as with anything I do, I am always interested in know what people think to help me identify areas that may (or may not) need change.

So what says you? Please participate in the poll.
Thank you :)
Joe

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTT -- need more participation or else this poll is useless. As of right now, only 15 participants.
Thanks,
Joe

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe, do you have pics of the two different types we can compare?
Nothing side-by-side off-hand, but I'll get something when I do my next park batch. If you brows the DT gallery thread you can see the "aged" color on just about every firearm.

Haven't spoken to you since SHOT... drop me a PM or email and let me know how your and the family are doing.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not too familiar with traditional hk finishes but my d54p F looks amazing so I'll assume it's the current aged look and I've voted accordingly. Please tell me you'll let me send it back to you to be registered as an sbr so I don't have to engrave it and ruin the finish!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts