HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at a build in the near future (next 2-3 months) but I don't really want to mess with putting together a parkerizing lab in my garage. To be honest the issue is mostly about not having space for said rig up in addition to the various build equipment more than fear of the process and DIY obviously but essentially I suppose what I'm asking is who offers parkerizing as a service (I don't know if the builders like Jeff/Joe/Dave have the time or inclination to waste on me) for a reasonable price?

I'm not really looking for a full refinish including paint/cera/dura/etc (unless I'm misunderstanding the parkerization process) just the park so I can do the finish afterwards myself. I think I already know there's a glitch in my logic that in order for a park'd part to be stable and not "flash rust" it must be oiled down immediately following the parking which would prevent paint/dura/cera from sticking which means what I'm asking is totally impossible but I guess I'm hoping I'm wrong and that the park'd parts can/could be shipped safely for finishing myself.

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
A parked part soaked in oil or WD-40 can be prepped for paint by hosing it down with carb cleaner and then denatured alcohol. Give me a call, I'd be happy to park your parts with the next run of parkerizing I do (typically weekly).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe!! Off hand did you miss the PM I sent you last week (possibly week before)? As I said it's probably going to be a couple of months and ironically the PM is somewhat relevant to the topic at hand.

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Thanks Joe!! Off hand did you miss the PM I sent you last week (possibly week before)? As I said it's probably going to be a couple of months and ironically the PM is somewhat relevant to the topic at hand.
I missed it... I'll go dig back after my doc appt.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks sir an look forward to your response (go ahead and mention in it what you'd charge for the parking service if you please as that's obviously relevant to my interests)

·
Banned
599 Posts
there is a product called metalwash eastwood sells it it comes in a little can in powderfor you add it to water and you use it to clean of dust of whatever you pull out of mediablastcabinet it prevents flashrust for weeks i have used it for parts for bikes prior powdercoating aswhell firearms parts might want to look into that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
if your parts are parked right you do not have to oil them right away unless you have a severe humidity problem or are using a swamp cooler in your home.
just keep your fresh parked parts away from moisture.
I live in Az and have parts that I parked several years ago one day i will paint them.
BIG50

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
if your parts are parked right you do not have to oil them right away unless you have a severe humidity problem or are using a swamp cooler in your home.
just keep your fresh parked parts away from moisture.
I live in Az and have parts that I parked several years ago one day i will paint them.
BIG50
Easier said than done. Even handling the parts afterwards can leave fingerprint marks which will rust in place. It's best to just oil them after parking... no worries after that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.