HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my V89 for over a year now, and it's been a pretty good weapon so far. I have to date upgraded several of the parts to real German made HK parts, starting with the extractor and extractor spring. A couple of weeks ago I found that the firing pin had broken, so I ordered a new German made piece and the spring to go with it. I went to install it today, and found that the roller clip had also broken. I do have an HK SP89 bolt carrier that I haven't been using, and had planned to switch that out today as well. I also have an HK bolt and locking piece coming. Should I just replace the roller clip with a German piece and not worry about it? Any idea what is causing this breakage? I do quite a bit of dry firing, could this be doing it? Thanks for the help guys. Eric

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I have the same gun you do and love it.

Just a FYI, call Adam Webber and hkparts.net and get an action 3 s spring. From what I can tell these new s-spring have outstanding performance and rarely if ever break. Plus they fit in the standard bolt head.

That is a quick easy fix, you just need a new retaining pin and the s-wire.

FYI, the standard retainer plate breaking is very common and it is more of a inherent design issue amongst the MP5 design. Your dry firing would not hurt anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts