HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a HK33 9" barrel w/o a stock be legal as a pistol, similar to a V53 pistol. Or does it have to be manufactured tah way?

My state does not allow SBR, only if full auto.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
The ATF has ruled that, "once a rifle, always a rifle", so, yes, it would have to be manufactured as a pistol, first.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
+1 for Ed. If you can not SBR a rifle in your state, then you have to get something that was registered as a pistol by the orginal manufacturer. In the case of building a clone, the receiver must have been registered by the mfg as a pistol.

There may be a way to take a Title-1 rifle and re-register it as a pistol so that you can convert it in non-SBR states, but I do not know off the top of my head. I would contact your State Police first and check with them as typically, State law is more restrictive than Federal law.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree and I'm an NFA Mfg. You can SBR the thing and then have it converted to an H&K 53 lookalike.
I would recommend a Vector Arms V-53 Pistol for you, if that's what you are wanting to have.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
The pistol is the way to go in your state. Then you can slap a stock on it any time you put a sear pack on it. But only during that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts