HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've recently been eyeballing the .300 blackout cartrige (and by extension AAC's Honey Badger PDW). I had a picture of the MP5SD open right next to it, and brainwaves happened. It occurred to me that one could build something akin to an oversize MP5SD on an HK33/53 (the 5.56) receiver (for those who do not know, the .300 blackout cartridge is basically a 5.56 casing with a .30 caliber bullet stuck in it; so all your 5.56 mags and bolts and what-have-you still work). That sounds totally awesome to my not-gunsmith brain, but is there any reason why that would not be a good idea? Come to think of it, is there any precedent for having an integrally suppressed HK rifle chambered in a full rifle caliber? AAC in their blog compares an AR chambered in .300 blackout against the "standard" of the MP5SD, I thought it would be interesting if the standard got updated :wink:

Thanks,
Nomad

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Over/under pressured, a correct loxking piece not being available, etc.. All are guesses, I would assume that their could be more issues.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
300 BLK is a very interesting round. Shot it from a suppressed 10" Noveske upper. Really cool!!
Would love to see one of the HK Guru's here attempt a run at it... I'd buy one!!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
We are currently working directly with AAC on this project. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
765 Posts
What's "PWD?"
I think you mean PDW.

A personal defense weapon (PDW) is a compact semi-automatic or fully automatic firearm similar in most respects to a submachine gun, but firing a (often proprietary) rifle round, giving a PDW better range, accuracy and armor-penetrating capability than submachine guns, which fire pistol-caliber cartridges. The class of weapon as it exists today evolved as a hybrid between a submachine gun and a carbine, retaining the compact size and ammunition capacity of the former while adding the ammunition power, accuracy and penetration of the latter.
Examples include the MP7, FN P90 (chambered for the 5.7), and pistol configured ARs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are currently working directly with AAC on this project. Stay tuned.
So here I am trying to blunder my way through research trying to figure out if this is possible and someone smarter than I is already working on it. WINSAUCE!! If you can get one built and put an integral suppressor on it MP5SD style, you can count me in for one!

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
Well I gotta tell you ... I'm really liking this new 22TCM cartridge. I'm thinkin' this might be a real hard hitting lil round which might replace my 7.62x25 project (since all the cheap ammo is gone anyway)

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
"They" say it's a necked down 9mm... I dunno about that, looks a bit long to have come from a 9mm... 38 Super, maybe. Someone else mentioned a cut down 223... meybe. It's being offered in a 1911 type WITH a 9mm setup as well. I'd like to see it in a Glock and what I have in mind is making a barrel (if I can find a reamer) for one of these useless 40 cal MP5 type frames I have lying around here.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
"They" say it's a necked down 9mm... I dunno about that, looks a bit long to have come from a 9mm... 38 Super, maybe. Someone else mentioned a cut down 223... .
It's a 5.56 with a OAL of .38 super. Would that fit in an MP5 mag or would it have to be a .40 platform? Other than the barrel you could use everything else? What say you?

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
I really don't know much about this ammo, other than it's rated at 2000/2100 fps... and can set off Tannerite. Be able to say more when I get ahold of a box of this stuff.

That's how it usually starts for me, ya know. I end up picking brass up, then later, get dies to load it... and then it's just sitting around. Then I buy something to shoot it.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
I really don't know much about this ammo, other than it's rated at 2000/2100 fps... and can set off Tannerite. Be able to say more when I get ahold of a box of this stuff.

That's how it usually starts for me, ya know. I end up picking brass up, then later, get dies to load it... and then it's just sitting around. Then I buy something to shoot it.

It's beginning to sound a little like the British .224 Boz ! Care to chime in Straightgrain?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That 22TCM looks intriguing. If it was a good performer, it'd be awesome if someone could make an MP7 type platform for it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts